~ten~

─────── • ❥ • ───────

As Renjun sat with Jeno who was out cold still on the white bed, he held his phone. His restless fingers fiddled with it as his eyes scanned the younger eagerly. He awaited patiently for him to wake up.

It was past school hours, and Renjun had politely requested that he and Jeno could stay for a few hours longer until the sick teen woke up naturally.

"What's up with you?" He asked softly, leaning into the brunette and poking his cheek. There was a certain beauty about his sleeping figure that never really appeared when he was conscious and cranky.

A sudden vibration from the device in his hands startled him. He almost dropped it before quickly checking to see who it was.

There was a message from Jaemin. It read;

'Did you see Jeno today?'

The older pursed his lips, almost laughing at how ironic this all was. Had he not had the conversation with Jaemin the night before and been pushed to find Jeno, he probably wouldn't have gone to sulk frustratedly in the bathroom and wouldn't have been the one to help him. It was funny how small things triggered big outcomes.

In the end, he responded with;

'You were right. He's sick.'

Jeno shuffled slightly on the bed, rolling over but not waking up. It got Renjun's hopes up, but he settled down when he saw the younger sink further into the pillow.

Jaemin texted back again;

'His living conditions are shit. I mean, he needs to move out of the wreckage he calls a house asap'

Renjun frowned, wondering how Jaemin even knew where the teen lived. But he didn't want to sound skeptical by asking, and just left it to his imagination. He sent another message saying 'What can we do about it though? He's not exactly open with us...'

"Mhm," the younger finally made a noise. Renjun put his phone down, giving his full attention to the brunette.

"Jeno? You awake?"

The said male winced, peeling his eyes open tiredly and seeing Renjun in a somewhat blurry state.

"Where am I?"

The Chinese breathed a sigh of relief. "Nurse's office. I brought you here with that guy Yuta in my year. Do you remember collapsing?"