~twelve~

─────── • ❥ • ───────

"Okay, thanks for your help," Jisung informed Jeno who was very close to stomping his foot and walking away, "You can go and do whatever now. The main event has started, so people won't be wandering too much through this door."

Jeno nodded slowly, trying to collect the braincells that had run away during that painful hour and a half of standing against a door.

As Jisung moved to walk away, the older quickly tugged his arm. "Hang on. I was wondering if you had seen Renjun?"

Jisung looked surprised at first, brushing his fringe off his face. "I didn't know you had friends."

"Wow, ouch. Also, he's not exactly my friend. But.....I guess he's the closest thing to an acquaintance in this school."

The younger couldn't suppress a small smirk. "He's the popular third year, right? I saw him with some other kid running down the hall on my way here."

Jeno thanked him quietly before brushing past and making his way down the long corridor of junior classrooms. The second floor was for his year, the second years, and the third floor was for third years.

The bright projects displayed along the walls washed passed him into a sea of colours. His eyes were set dead ahead, since he remembered Renjun had asked him to find him once his job was done.

Of course, the teen assumed the older was in the theatre as usual. So when he burst into the huge room, finding nothing but a sea of adults and teenagers, he groaned.

If I pretend I couldn't find him, will he be mad? He asked himself. Honestly, he didn't want to push and pull through people if he didn't have to. It was a hassle, and it was sort of rude.

As he took a tentative step backwards, surprisingly strong arms caught him, pulling him back and frightening him.

"Oh my god!" He yelped, pulling away and turning himself around quickly while raising his hands in fighting position.

Renjun and Jaemin started laughing excitedly, high fiving like kids and returning their attention to the annoyed male.

"Don't give us that look," Renjun pouted softly, "We went looking for you, but Jisung said you went looking for me. So it was a wild goose chase."

Jeno rolled his eyes, "But was scaring the shit out of me necessary?"

Jaemin held up his phone screen which read, 'It really was. We felt after such a long boring job you'd want a surprise.'

"Well next time, let me know before you scare me. How about that?" He scoffed, though somewhere deep inside he felt a little happy to see them both together again. He never had fun, and the odd pair were introducing it to him slowly.

"Anyway, Jaemin wanted to hang out with us today. He also has something interesting to tell you," Renjun raised his brow knowingly, nudging the younger to share the news.

Jaemin grinned and nodded, typing out the sentence on his phone and showing Jeno. It said; I'll be starting school when this term ends.

Jeno's eyes widened. He wasn't sure whether he was worried about that or happy. He had been doing so well keeping people away from him.....but these two were so persistent.

"Our school?" He croaked.

"Of course," Renjun laughed. "Guess you're stuck with us both now."

The brunette massaged his temples, nodding to himself and telling himself all sorts of lies like 'I'll be fine' and 'maybe having friends won't be so bad....'

'I feel hurt that you're glaring so hard' Jaemin shoved his phone in Jeno's face. The older took his hand reflexively, shocking himself at first. He held it, staring at Jaemin for perhaps a little too long while the blonde didn't take his eyes of him either.

It wasn't until Renjun cleared his throat that Jeno quickly released the younger's hand and muttered, "I'm not glaring because of you. I'm just not sure how to feel."

The Chinese folded his arms, dropping the skeptical look he was giving Jaemin since he too wasn't sure how to feel. But having Jeno even touch the blonde for longer than two seconds.....it made him jealous.

'What should we do?' Jaemin finally typed, moving his gaze from Renjun, to Jeno, then to Renjun again.

The oldest thought for a moment, signing to him "Is your mother expecting you to go home with her?"

Jeno raised his hands, "Woah, wait up. I wasn't aware we were speaking sign language to each other now."

Jaemin smiled assuringly, showing him another message, 'Don't worry. Renjun has a deaf friend, so it's convenient. I'll still show you these.'

The brunette sighed, pursing his lips but not questioning it. In truth, he didn't see how well being left out of private conversations would go down. They could literally bitch about him right in front of his eyes, and he'd never know.

Note to self, learn Korean sign language, he promised in his head. There was no way these two were going to force him to hang out with them and then keep secrets in another language.

Jaemin shook his head and gave into using the digital voice he hated so much. "She won't mind if I'm with new friends. She'd be glad to hear I won't be alone here when I transfer."

Renjun clapped his hands together, perching his chin on his fingertips, "In that case, we should go out to a cafe or something."

Jeno was about to refuse, but Renjun was already well aware of the situation, interrupting him with;

"It's on me."

Jaemin nodded enthusiastically, looking at Jeno excitedly and waiting for him to agree. Renjun had cleverly put the taller in a situation that was hard to refuse.

The said male sighed, "Okay. I'm okay to come."

"Great. Jaemin, text your mother that you'll be with us, and we can go when school ends."

"We have an hour left, right?" The digital voice came from Jaemin's direction.

"Right," Jeno agreed. "We can wander around the classrooms till then."

─────── • ❥ • ───────