~twenty seven~

─────── • ❥ • ───────

The day after the sleepover, the three boys decided to go out together. It was a really nice day, and not a one of them wanted to separate.

So after eating the breakfast Jaemin's mother had prepared, they thanked her excitedly before running out.

The streets were lined with people doing weekend shopping, and Jeno was surprised by how pretty their area was. Being the shut-in he was, actually leaving the house for personal enjoyment was rare.

"When you live with us," Renjun beamed, "We'll take you out all the time. We'll show you the things you never get to see, but should."

Jaemin nodded in agreement, even though whenever he and Jeno locked eyes they accidentally recalled the kiss, which led to looking at each other's lips, which then caused them to look away with shy blushes on their cheeks.

"Oh, I haven't had ice cream in ages," Renjun piped up, "It'll make me fat someday, but I don't care." He turned to the awkward pair behind him, "Want some?"

'I'd love some,' Jaemin signed, and Jeno gave a thumbs up in return.

Wandering into the little shop, the whole thing brought back memories to the trio. That time they all sat in the cafe and decided on the secrets, decided on becoming friends....created this whole relationship.

Jaemin tapped Jeno's shoulder, pointing at the board of ice cream flavours, obviously asking which one the older wanted.

Jeno chewed at his lower lip, knowing that both Renjun and Jaemin would attack him if he declined their offer. He just had to get used to being treated this way. Like he was important to them.

"Raspberry," Jeno finally pointed at the cream and raspberry flavour. Renjun smiled happily, poking the brunette's side like a child.

"That's cute. You look like more of a stronger flavour type of guy, to be honest."

"Like what?"

"I don't know, like the bitter blue one, or that mix of red fruits. Something intense."

Jaemin started to giggle, clasping his hands over his mouth to muffle the sound, but being unable to as his laughter got louder.

"What did I say?" Renjun chuckled as well, "What's so funny?"

Jeno shrugged, nudging the blonde since he was drawing attention to them. Jaemin couldn't stop though, signing to Renjun 'Jeno wouldn't eat bitter stuff, would he?'

'I don't know...' the older responded, baffled by his crazy behaviour. "Anyway, you two go grab a seat, I'll get these."

'Want me to help?'

"Nope, just take Jeno and sit down. I'll be right over."

Getting tugged over by Jaemin, Jeno collapsed down into his seat opposite the blonde. Both gave each other this knowing look, something they couldn't shake off. Though Jaemin was smirking, almost enjoying this atmosphere. The older on the other hand didn't know what to feel.

What was this called? He didn't have a television to watch dramas on, so this whole ordeal was like a living hell. He had no help to be guided through it. Though learning through random conversations here and there, he had heard of the term 'sexual tension'. Was that what this was?

Renjun, as promised, returned quickly and sat down and handed out the desserts. He sat beside Jeno, so Jaemin was facing both of them.

"Okay, so I just had a call from my mother," the oldest smiled excitedly, "And things have already started moving. She was asking how Jeno was with this whole....situation. And now that he's agreed, they've found somewhere for us to stay."

"My mum mentioned that to me this morning," Jaemin signed, and Jeno kicked his leg under the table.

"Please don't be lazy and pull out your phone. I still don't understand you."

Jaemin pouted, yanking his device from his pocket and sighing dramatically while typing. He turned it around to show them once he was done, 'My mother told me that she spoke with Renjun's, and they've worked out all the details. I'm glad they're showing as much enthusiasm as we are."

"Oh yeah," Jeno pursed his lips, "How did you convince your parents to let you, a mute, live with two immature teenagers."

"Hey, I like to think I'm mature," Renjun pouted, and the younger shook his head, rubbing his shoulder as if to say 'still a teenager'.

Jaemin showed them his phone again that said 'I have to start talking. If my parents don't see progress by the start of the next school year, they're pulling me out.'

"Shit, Jaemin!" Jeno hissed, "Start talking already! Like, say 'hello' or something."

The blonde glared at both of them with a slightly annoyed expression. Not bothering to use his phone, he signed "You think I wouldn't be talking if I could right now?! It's not that easy!" After, he slammed his hands down on the table.

"Woah, calm down," Renjun pleaded, "We get it, it's tough. But moping about it and acting like sign language or your phone will get you out of this issue is pointless. C'mon, try it. Say 'hello' to me."

Jaemin cringed, folding his arms and shaking his head. He had to really want to speak in order for anything at all to leave his mouth. Just practicing without motivation was also pointless.

"There," Jeno groaned, raising his hands in defeat, "That attitude isn't going to take you far. Soon you won't be able to stay with us, and then they'll probably take you out of school as well. Do you want that?"

'Stop lecturing me!' Jaemin signed.

"I don't know what you just said," the older frowned, "But I can tell you're refusing."

Renjun tugged Jeno's sleeve and whispered, "We should leave it. He's getting worked up-"

"Stop!" An unfamiliar and raspy voice growled. Renjun froze, looking up at Jeno who looked down at him with the same confused expression.

Both turned to Jaemin, the younger's eyes wide like he didn't even know what had just happened. His brows were furrowed, but thoughts clear.

Jaemin didn't want Renjun and Jeno ganging up on him. He didn't like how closely they were sitting, or how they could privately converse like that. Renjun was still holding Jeno's arm, and it was infuriating him.

"Did you just....speak?" The brunette questioned, head tilting with curiosity.

Jaemin's heart picked up, shaking his head as if to deny it. But the facts were clear.....he snapped at them out loud.

"Okay, so mission impossible just became possible," Renjun nodded to himself, picking up his spoon to start his ice cream.

The three all looked at each other while a new tension settled.

─────── • ❥ • ───────