~thirty four~

─────── • ❥ • ───────

A few days had passed. The trio hadn't gotten into any heated arguments, and fortunately they were working out a routine to help them live together harmoniously.

In the end, they decided that instead of having set bedrooms, they would rotate and share. Last night, it had been Jeno and Jaemin that slept together.

The younger woke up early, as usual, and tried not to wake the brunette while crawling out of the double bed. He tip-toed quietly towards the bathroom, closing the door gently behind him.

He had created a sort of personal routine, in order to keep his promise to his parents. Each morning, as soon as he woke up, he would look into the wide mirror above the pretty marble sink and try to speak to himself.

It never really succeeded. Sounds would erupt like gasps or groans. But never words. 

Come on, Jaemin! You need to do this or it's game over! He kept trying to force himself. He glared at his shirtless reflection, mouthing 'Jaemin' over and over again, trying his absolute best to squeak the sound out.

Giving up at his continuous failures, he sighed, smacking the sink in anger and shaking his head frustratedly.

From outside, he could hear muffled footsteps wander close to the door and pull it open. Jeno peered in, seeing the blonde and smiling cutely.

"Any progress?"

The younger shook his head, shrugging like he couldn't understand what the problem was. Jeno didn't mind though, instead walked over and back hugged him.

The pair watched each other's reflections, Jaemin leaning into the older's warm chest. He wanted to say something. Now would've been a great time to say something heartwarming or sexy.

But there were no words.

"Don't beat yourself up," the brunette pleaded, "It's not worth getting upset over. I know Renjun, your parents and I push you a bit hard on this, but it's only because we want what's best for you."

The younger nodded dismally, tilting his head to the side to view the other. His lips looked so appealing right then. He wanted to daringly remind himself of what they tasted like.

"I'm gonna go and make breakfast. Renjun did it yesterday, so it's my turn," Jeno finally sighed, ruffling Jaemin's hair and turning to leave.

The blonde quickly grabbed his hand, pulling him to face him again. Frowning, Jeno arched his brow quizzically. "Mmm?"

Stay with me, he wanted to say. He wanted to express his desire so badly, but was severely unable to. Instead he tried to settle on a simple, 'bye'. He formed the word with his mouth, clearing his throat and trying.

Trying so hard.

So close....he could feel it.....

Nothing.

"It's okay," the older chuckled, taking his hand away from Jaemin's and lightly squeezing his. "You'll get there."

With that, the brunette wandered out of the room, entering the kitchen and leaving the blonde to stand in the bathroom alone.

Learn to read my expression, dumbass....Jaemin pouted grumpily. Was it so hard for the older to notice his feelings. Or perhaps he already did, and was just ignoring them. It didn't seem like the sort of thing he'd do though.

In the kitchen, Jeno pulled out a frying pan and planned on cooking some simple bacon and eggs. Renjun, in the baggiest clothes a small male could possibly wear, wandered in with a cute yawn.

"Morning," the younger chuckled, thinking the older was too adorable looking like that. The sleeves literally dragged around his knees and the legs of his trousers were hitched around his ankles, almost tripping him.

"What's for breakfast?" The Chinese enquired. He sat up to the island in the centre of the kitchen. There were conveniently three stools for it, so two could watch as one cooked.

"English styled breakfast. Bacon and eggs."

"Isn't there rice?"

"Shut it. I'm the chef today, so you can hang on another two days to voice your opinion."

"Psh," Renjun scoffed, laughing gently at the younger's playful scolding. "Jaemin burns water. Can't we skip him?"

"Nope. How is he supposed to get better that way?"

As if on queue, the blonde wandered in, pulling a shirt on to cover his toned chest. He had a look on his face that said 'don't bitch about me'. He joined Renjun at the island and waited patiently for the food to cook.

"There's no school today," Jeno reminded the pair happily, cracking an egg into the pan. "We should go out together."

"A date?" Renjun winked playfully, having a joke.

"Sure," Jeno snickered, "Let's all go on a date."

........

"One may think that I have lost, but it is only a figment of one's imagination," the oldest tried to explain why he was losing so badly in the arcade. He was playing darts with Jaemin, and his aim was absolutely deplorable. "I haven't lost. Only not achieved success just yet."

"Okay," Jeno nodded slowly, sitting in a couch behind them in their aisle. "I'll believe you aren't thoroughly shit at this game if you score a bullseye right now. Next shot."

Renjun pouted, "Even you haven't gotten one of those. Kinda mean, don't you think?"

Jaemin laughed loudly, patting the oldest's back sympathetically and signing, "I'll just be taking my win."

"Oh hell no you won't," Renjun hissed, grumpily facing the board and feeling overwhelmed even looking at it.

Jeno took pity on him, standing up and taking his hand with the dart between his fingers. He remained behind him, basically caging the shorter in his arms.

"Watch," the younger explained, his breath tickling the other's ear and his whole scent making him melt. "You have to line the dart tip up with the inner point. See?"

Renjun nodded gently, gulping at the close proximity. Jaemin folded his arms, silently watching and feeling that he had no real right to break in. Something about this didn't anger him as much as it used to......

"I do this every time," the Chinese defended, "And then it flies off in the opposite direction."

"Don't blink," Jeno continued. "Here. Throw it now and just pretend my hand isn't there."

Renjun did as he was told and shot. The dart went straight forward, like it had never done before, and didn't hit the centre, but was bloody close to it.

"O-Oh my god.....I did it," he cheered, jumping up and pulling Jeno into a tight hug.

Jaemin sighed, wandering over to shoot and end the game, thinking he'd leave them to their moment. But the pair had other ideas, yanking him in and mauling him in a group hug.

"Aw, you guys are so squishy," Renjun giggled, wedged between the taller pair, one being muscular and strong, the other lanky but warm.

"Says the one," Jeno chuckled, ruffling his hair.

Jaemin just crushed them into a stronger hug, his arms being enough to squeeze the weaker males.

"Agh, can't breathe!" Jeno begged, "Need air."

Jaemin smiled, closing his eyes and being thankful for them.

─────── • ❥ • ───────