~fifteen~

─────── • ❥ • ───────

It was odd for Jeno, having someone hang onto his every word. Honestly, he didn't think the day would ever come when someone needed his attention as badly as he didn't want to give it.

Yet there stood Jaemin, writing pleading messages to the teacher, using his cute face and unfortunate circumstances to convince them that it was for his own good being put in the same class as Jeno.

Originally the plan was that Jaemin would be put in class three, when Jeno was in class one. But the young blonde wasn't having any of that, and was using his assets to the best of his abilities to have it changed.

Jeno had been called out of his classroom five minutes after class had started, and he stepped out to find Jaemin racing over to him and engulfing him in a rib crushing hug. The younger was clearly exaggerating to have his way, but it was working nonetheless.

A female teacher was wearing a sympathetic look and smiling softly at Jeno. "He refuses to stay with the other class. You don't mind us putting him in with you, right?"

Jeno frowned, looking at Jaemin who was so close their heartbeats were synchronising. "I don't mind. But-"

"It has to be you," she continued, "I'm not sure what history you both have together, but I urge you to take care of him. I mean, he really shouldn't be in a regular school to begin with. There are special schools for mutes, blinds, and deafs. So maybe you'll make life easier for him."

Jeno swallowed hard, peeling the blonde off his body and nodding wearily. "You are a brat," he whispered to him.

Jaemin snickered, winking flirtatiously at the older and bowing as a thank you to the teacher. The woman let them go back to the classroom, taking off down the hall in the opposite direction.

As Jeno guided Jaemin back into the classroom, he found it unsettling having the attention of the whole room on them. The teacher as well was shooting them confused looks.

Feeling the need to explain himself, Jeno muttered, "He's the transfer. I'm looking after him."

A round of whispers and shocked gasps flew around at his explanation. Meanwhile, Jaemin was only hiding his victorious smirk behind Jeno's shoulder, thinking; that's right suckers. Lee Jeno is with me.

They took their seats quickly, Jeno pointing to the spare one behind him that hadn't been occupied since the beginning of the year when a student left to be homeschooled. It was like a complete swap really.

Jaemin threw his bag under his table, since he didn't have his locker yet, and collapsed into the seat, splaying his legs out under Jeno's chair and feeling quite excited for the rest of his time in this room.