~fourteen~

─────── • ❥ • ───────

Three weeks went by in a flash. During that time, the boys kept in contact more regularly than they had before, Jeno being informed of meet ups verbally by Renjun since he didn't actually own a phone.

They had been to the park where they played around and chatted for almost five hours. Basically until the sun began to set.

They went to the shopping centre in the centre of town which Jaemin had recommended. He wanted to pick up 'special paints' for a 'secret picture'. Neither of the other two objected, and Renjun was sure to bring food for Jeno since it was the weekend and he worried that the younger wasn't eating when he wasn't around.

Basically, Renjun and Jaemin tried to take Jeno out as often as possible since they were worried about his health, his mental state from loneliness or isolation, and whether he really had someone waiting for him at home. The pair may have been many things, but they weren't stupid. They were starting to pick up that Jeno was possibly alone.

So once the first day back at school started off the new term, both Jeno and Renjun had almost forgotten about the transfer student. In fact, they only remembered when rumours and murmuring broke out around them at the lockers.

The Chinese stood by Jeno as the younger got his books. Lately, the taller hadn't been as distant as he once was, and didn't mind Renjun coming to see him in he mornings on the second floor.

"What's all this about?" The older questioned while different groups leaned in and muttered not so quiet comments about a 'transfer student'.

"I wasn't aware someone was coming to my y-" Jeno began, but then the memory hit him as he slammed his locker door shut. "Wait-"

"Ah, there you two are!" The familiar digital voice belonging to the blonde's phone called through the long hall and he waved his arm. Both Renjun and Jeno gave each other a 'how could we forget?' look before turning to see the new arrival.

"Jaemin," Jeno smirked as the younger ran to him quickly. Renjun signed to him and the brunette assumed it meant 'hello'.

Jaemin switched the voice off and changed to the message form of communication again. 'Sorry guys. I hate that voice....'

"That's fine," Renjun waved it off. "You'll have Jeno now anyway. You've transferred to second year right?"

The youngest nodded enthusiastically, clinging to Jeno's arm and making Renjun grind his teeth irritatedly.

"Have you got your locker yet?" Jeno enquired, pointing down to the stairway since the canteen was downstairs.

'Nope.'

They began walking while the whispers and chatting got louder behind them. The small group didn't care though, since it was a bit odd seeing a speechless transfer student clinging to none other than Lee Jeno, the coldest student in the school and Huang Renjun, a person everyone knew of if they weren't already his friend.

Haechan ran up the staircase, meeting them halfway and panting slightly from hurrying. "R-Renjun? What are you doing down here? Our floor is upstairs...."

The Chinese smiled warmly, "I'm hanging out with these two. I haven't seen them in like, three days. I was busy all break."

The younger tilted his head in confusion, "You haven't seen me in a week and a half."

He pursed his lips, "Sorry Haechan."

The Korean scoffed, "Never mind. Can you just tell me when you're off with other people? I kinda get concerned when I'm chatting to people and you've suddenly disappeared."

Renjun gave him a thumbs up, "I will in future. Don't worry about me."

Jeno nudged the older's side, whispering in his ear, "Are you sure you don't want to stick with him? I'll look after Jaemin."

At first, the older felt bad abandoning Haechan. He was about to take Jeno up on his offer before he realised that he absolutely hated the idea of Jeno and Jaemin getting super close without him. Visions of the blonde leaning against Jeno and laughing at anything and everything made his stomach churn with jealousy.

"I-It's okay. It's his first day of school," he turned to Jaemin and couldn't help but smile when he saw his clueless and innocent face. How could he be jealous of someone who could barely push their opinion across? "I want to help him out as a senior."

Jeno looked back at Haechan and felt the same guilt Renjun did. "Would you like to come? I don't mind-"

Jaemin pinched his side and he yelped. Haechan didn't want to ask what the three were up to since he trusted his best friend and always abided by his wishes.

"It's okay guys. I'll see you in class Renjun."

With that, Haechan took off back towards the staircase. The three assumed he was heading off to see other friends since he hung out with Renjun, and Renjun knew everyone. If you were his friend, it was a fast track way of becoming quite popular.

Jeno quickly pinned Jaemin to the wall while they were on the stairs, out of nowhere, slamming his two hands on either side of his head. Renjun got a fright, clutching his chest once his heart skipped a beat and watched the other two.

At first, Jaemin too suffered from a speeding heart. The sight of the older caging him and giving him a scrutinising look made him feel weird.

"What was that about back there, huh?" Jeno asked. "You pinched me when I was asking Haechan to come with us."

The blonde dropped his hands to his sides and pulled his phone from his pocket. Typing before showing the older his response, 'I don't want anyone else but the three of us.'

Jeno rolled his eyes at the younger's four year old attitude. "Fair enough, but you didn't need to scare the shit out of me. How do you like it? Hm?" He got playful, pinching Jaemin's sides and tickling him in the process.

The younger started cracking up, unable to contain his laughter as Jeno held him up from collapsing on weak legs. Renjun, at first green with envy, suddenly started smiling as he listened to Jaemin's voice for the first time.

Jeno too stopped attacking him to listen to the beautiful sound the younger was eliciting. The blonde leaned against him, catching his breath and starting to calm down.

"Wow...." the Chinese whispered, staring blankly at the pair as they regained their composure and Jaemin started to blush.

He wrote another message and showed them, 'not fair. I've never been tickled before.'

Jeno shook his head, trying to keep the cute memory of his voice in his head since he may never hear it again.

The oldest behind them soon realised they were taking up a large section of the staircase and quickly pulled them down the stairs. All the while, confusing thoughts and emotions got tangled up within him.

Was he jealous of Jaemin for his irresistibly fun personality, jealous of Jeno for making Jaemin laugh like that, or did he wish that he was part of the weird understanding they had with each other......?

─────── • ❥ • ───────