~twenty five~

─────── • ❥ • ───────

After having dinner and somehow getting more hyper, the three boys remained holed up inside Jaemin's room. Jeno, letting loose for what was possibly the first time, couldn't believe how much fun he was having.

Between gaming, story telling, random tackling because Renjun was a sore loser and snacking on sugar, the teens were losing track of time, and didn't even care.

"Wait, wait, wait," Renjun huffed, holding the game controller and frowning, "Jaemin you're definitely breaking rules right now. How did you do that?"

The blonde chuckled while grabbing his phone, "If you hold down the button at the back, various options come up. Powerful stuff."

Jeno watched the two in wonder as the their avatars on the screen marched through fantasy lands and unlocked crazy missions. This was his first experience in front of a flatscreen television, let alone a gaming console.

"You two are really good...." he murmured, admiring the graphics.

Jaemin paused it, turning slightly and patting the space between him and Renjun. "Sit here, I'll teach you how to play," his phone spoke.

Jeno panicked, shaking his head nervously, "It's okay. I'll probably break it or something...."

"Bullshit. I'm not taking no for an answer." Tossing his phone down beside him, the younger grabbed Jeno's wrist and pulled him over.

The older crawled in between them, Renjun moving over slightly to make space. Placing the controller in he brunette's hands, Jaemin boldly stood up, kneeling behind Jeno and lacing his arms around the older's waist, placing his hands on his to help him use the device.

The younger could visibly see Jeno's ears turn red from embarrassment, and he smirked at the feeling of being able to make the boy feel that way. Leaning in, cheeks touching, Jaemin played the game and helped Jeno navigate the system.

Renjun was distracted, holding back from pulling the blonde away from Jeno. He tried to immerse himself in the game, but it was so hard with how Jaemin's arm brushed off his shoulder occasionally and how Jeno's focus faltered every time the younger moved.

I should say something, the Chinese thought to himself. But what? What could he possibly say without revealing his insecure feelings or coming off as mean? Please stop touching each other that way....

Once both character on the screen died, Jaemin sighed in defeat but laughed all the same. He picked his phone back up to type for the digital voice, "You're getting better, Jeno. Renjun is just really good at this one."

Renjun smiled slightly, placing the device down and glancing at Jaemin, giving him a knowing look.

The younger returned it, knowing that at this ungodly hour of the morning, when all three were basically high on sugar, it was time to help Jeno make the best but rashest decision of his life.

Sliding away from his back, the blonde slowly but confidently got up to wander around to the front of the taller boy. At first he just crouched down, making Jeno confused for a brief moment before shoving the brunette's shoulders and forcing him to lay back on the ground.

Renjun blushed, watching Jaemin crawl on top of the older and straddle his waist, caging Jeno in like a lion with a mouse. He glanced over at Renjun, telling him with his eyes to do the talking.

The oldest hesitated, still amazed to witness for the first time a boy pinning another boy. His innocent nature never dragged him onto the dark parts of the internet to educate himself.

Shaking off his initial shock, the shortest cleared his throat. "Jeno, we've been thinking about something for a while now. In fact, everything has been prepared.....and all we need is your consent."

The concerned male placed his hands on Jaemin's broad shoulder's, looking over at Renjun with great confusion in his eyes. "What are you talking about? What are you both doing?"

Jaemin briefly signed to Renjun, encouraging him to elaborate.

The older nodded, "The state of your living arrangements are deplorable, and without your mother, I'm sorry, you can't survive."

Jeno shook his head in disbelief, "I know that. To be honest, I didn't think I'd have lived this long. I assumed I would've been dead by now-"

"Don't talk like that!" Renjun begged, "I hate when you say that. You don't kn-know how much we care about y-you. We've been pleading with our parents to let us live together. As a three. We can do things like this all the time, and look after each other. Don't you want that?"

"Wh-What? How did you convince them to let you? Guys, I'm nothing. I thought I'd be kind to myself for the last of my time here and make some friends. I never thought two well off boys would basically apprehend me and look after me so much. I don't deserve to live with y-"

"We're not taking no for an answer!" Renjun finally hissed, looking down at the teen and feeling his heart break. Listening to him talk about himself like his life was worth jackshit made his blood run cold, because to him, Jeno was like gold. He was more valuable than any precious metal.

Jaemin blinked hard, feeling his eyes grow sore and tears leak out. Jeno looked up to feel two or three drops escape and land on his cheek. He watched in awe as Jaemin desperately screwed his eyes shut and tried to stop the tears. His usually brave form suddenly appearing weak.

"Guys...." Jeno whispered, moving his hands from the blonde's shoulders to his cheeks, wiping the warm gem like tears away. "I don't know how I'm supposed to react. What should I say?"

"Yes!" Renjun pressed, crawling over and rubbing comforting circles onto the youngest's back. "Just say yes."

Jeno sat up, pulling Jaemin into his hold and letting his head nestle onto his chest. "But I can't help pay for the house."

"It's okay. Our parents agreed to deal with that until we can all get jobs. They understand your situation," the shorter explained.

"I also get really grumpy sometimes. You'll definitely get angry with me and want to push me out."

"Doesn't matter. I mean, Jaemin doesn't talk and I'm bossy. We all have some flaws."

"I eat a lot."

"I don't, so we can share," Renjun laughed, shutting down each and every concern Jeno threw at him. With the blonde latched around him, sapping away at his ability to say no, Jeno eventually gave in.

"Fine......but what about my house?"

"That needs to be knocked down," the oldest groaned, "Don't even look back."

"But all my memories with my mother are in there......I miss her."

"I know you do," the other leaned in, hugging him from behind so that the three all felt each other's warmth, "But memories stay in your head. You don't need that place to recall them."

"Okay.....I'll live with you guys."

Jaemin perked up, the cutest and widest grin he had ever worn adorning his angelic features. He mouthed 'yes', obviously attempting to say it. But no sound came out.

The other two didn't mind though, squishing him happily and feeling light from the high of finally getting to stay together.

The effort wasn't for naught, and the victory was well won.

─────── • ❥ • ───────