23~ Like A Jigsaw Puzzle

➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶

➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶

At that your eyes flew open and you propped yourself up with an elbow, twisting to see Jungkook behind you. If you squinted hard enough, you could just make out his wide eyes in the covers below. "What do you mean?"

Jungkook ducked his head though his arms never unwrapped from you. "It's just, most ladies eventually give into my charms. Even the most stubborn and vain woman gave in within the first two days we met. But you... you don't seem to like me even as a friend. You just threaten me all the time."

It seemed as if all your breath had been sucked out of your lungs. Did Jungkook really think you hated him? Then again, the majority of the time you'd been together, you had just yelled and scolded at him for everything. You didn't realize that he could be genuinely injured by your words though. He seemed so untouchable with thick arrogant skin.

"Jungkook, I do like you," you said gently. "It's just been a little difficult for me to get used to you, that's all. I'm sorry you felt like I didn't like you."

"Really?" The tentative hope in his voice made you lay back down on the covers, this time facing him though.

"Really," you affirmed. Part of you wished that there was more lighting so you could actually see his face. But there was something about the darkness that made this experience all the more intimate. The darkness obscured your vision and promised that anything can happen. "Besides," you continued, trying to keep your voice light, "you may be a demigod, Jungkook. But I am demisexual."

"What's that?"

"Oh." You blushed a little. You thought Jungkook would've known that term at least, considering that the word 'sexual' was in it. "It means that it takes a strong, emotional connection for a person to be willing to actually take the next step in a relationship."

"Do you feel a strong, emotional connection with me?" Asked Jungkook's voice from the darkness, his breath caressing your face.

"It's a little too late to be asking such questions, don't you think?" You replied weakly. "We should sleep now."

"Please answer the question," he whispered. This time his actual lips brushed your cheek. He was so close... too close...

Crap, crap, crap. You squeezed your eyes shut as you tried to fight against the heated emotions bubbling up in you. And yet, you weren't just physically tired. You were emotionally tired of trying to fight back the desire and feeling in you.

It was as if he sensed the change of resolve in you. He leaned in, carefully oh so carefully. His breath rattled slightly, his heart quickening against yours as your chests pressed against each other.

You couldn't feel your own body anymore. All you could feel was him, everywhere, filling up the entire space around you. He slipped a hand under your neck and angled your face towards his.