35~ Psst, You're Drooling

➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶

➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶

Jimin started when the toaster let out a soft ping and two golden toaster strudels popped out.

The other three demigods sitting beside Jimin eyed the toaster with mistrust. The only one missing was Jungkook, whom I'd left snoring like a leaf blower in the bedroom.

"Now pick it up. Careful, it's kinda hot," I instructed Jimin and Hoseok. Taehyung and Yoongi had already received theirs. "Good job. Put it on your plate, smack some frosting on it, and then enjoy."

The sound of footsteps shuffling over alerted me that leaf blower had finally awaken.

I turned, trying to keep my features smooth and calm. Jungkook straggled into the kitchen, yawning and running a hand through his hair.

He was still shirtless. I swallowed hard and took in his mussed bed hair, sleepy doe eyes, softly chiseled pectorals, carved abdominal muscles, and the sweatpants hanging lower than necessary on his hips where the deep lines of his lower abs plunged down.

"Psst." Hoseok was leaning forward, a knowing grin on his face. "You're drooling a little."

I immediately clicked my mouth shut and rubbed a hand over it. I recollected the strangely realistic dream from last night and how glorious Jungkook had looked in it too.

And then how he seemed viciously ripped away from me.

Nervously I tugged the long sleeve I was wearing further down over my wrist. "Good morning Jungkook," I greeted, keeping my voice light, pretending like I hadn't just eye banged him and that there wasn't a strange tattoo scorched on my skin.

Jungkook flashed me a sweet smile. "Hey," he replied, reaching for me.

But the moment his hands brushed me the Mark on my wrist flared up, a fresh wave of excruciating pain crashed up my arm. I yelped and recoiled.

The other demigods paused momentarily before shrugging and returning to slathering unhealthy amounts of frosting on their strudels.

Jungkook himself halted, blinking in confusion at me. "Y/N?" The surprise had driven out his usual saucy 'sweetheart'. "Is everything okay?"

"Yes, yes." I flushed and quickly gestured to the other demigods. "Why don't you go sit with the others and I'll make you a toaster strudel, yeah?"

Guilt ripped through me when Jungkook wordlessly obeyed, shooting me a puzzled and mildly injured look. Something was holding me back from revealing the strange mark on my wrist. A dark whisper, warning me not to breathe a word.

After the demigods had finished up their toaster strudels and I showed them how to rinse their plates. I was careful not to get too close to Jungkook through the entire process. There was something about his proximity and his touch that seemed to trigger the pain on my wrist.