[Special Chapter:] Prince of the Dead

➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶

➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶

[Lulu's POV]
She leaned against the wall. The music pounded through her head and the smell of alcohol lay thick in the air.

Lately the thrill of going out to parties had lost their edge with her, though she couldn't quite figure out why.

Maybe it was partly because you hardly went out partying with her anymore and she wound up attending these events alone. It was frustrating knowing how much you were moping over that guy—what was his name? Junglebook?— ever since he'd left.

The good thing was tonight you actually had an excuse not to join her. You were off at the Festival of Lights with that cute boy and you'd almost seemed excited for the first time in a little while.

Maybe Lulu did understand your downcast spirits more than she liked, though. Lately, her own thoughts had been turning to certain silvery eyes of a different demigod. She quickly shook her head before her mind got carried away.

People milled around, dancing to the music or grinding on each other. Most of everyone was drunk silly at this point of the night. Lulu on the other hand was a very heavy weight and she made her way over to the drinks table for the eighth time.

Her heart sank a little when she saw the group of boys standing near there. A split decision between backing off and waiting till they left or just go for it flickered through her.

No. She was going to go for it. Those boys had nothing on her.

"Aaah, Lulu!"

Lulu cringed as one of the boys immediately spied her as she came up. "Hey Jeno," she groaned.

Jeno and his group of friends swayed over to her, instantly surrounding her in seconds. Jeno specifically had been hitting on her for the past few weeks hard time.

"Let's go home together after this," he cooed, words slurred.

"You're so drunk."

"Yeeaahh, I'm drunk on your love," Jeno crowed.

Lulu winced. "For the sake of everyone's eardrums, please never join a choir," she muttered, grabbing a drink. Abruptly Jeno's hand flashed out, knocking the cup out of her hand and spilling the drink all over her shirt. "Hey!"

"Oops." Jeno smirked, half-lidded eyes blinking slowly at her. "I'm so clumsy. Here, let me help you."

Lulu swore and shoved him back when he tried bending down to lick the spilled drink from her shirt. The other boys surrounding her erupted in laughter. Anger scorched her veins.

"You want me to chase them off?" A soft voice whispered in her ear.

She whipped around. Disbelief flooded through her. She briefly wondered if she was more drunk than she'd initially thought she was.