26~ Cheese Grater Scratcher

➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶

➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶

"You're leaving just like that?"

The five demigods watched me with wide eyes as I whirled around my apartment like a windstorm, grabbing random spare clothes and all stuffing them into a backpack.

"Yes. I don't know how long I'll be gone, but I have to be there for my dad," I replied shortly.

"But what about us?" Hoseok's honey brown eyes widened. "What are we supposed to do?"

"I don't think I can trust you guys in my apartment unattended," I admitted candidly.

"We're demigods," retorted Yoongi. "Not helpless five year olds."

I paused long enough to meet the son of Hades' dark eyes. "You thought the cheese grater was a butt scratcher."

Yoongi immediately clicked his mouth shut at the same time Jimin shot him a bone-chilling death glare. "And you had to test the Butt Scratcher of Blood on my butt," the son of Hermes grumbled, rubbing his pant-torn bottom.

"I had to," Yoongi replied mildly, shrugging. "You were bent over with your fat ass in the air. It was like you were asking for it."

Jimin's face twisted into a cross between a scowl and a pout. He immediately turned to Taehyung. The hardened son of Ares didn't hesitate to wrap his arms protectively around Jimin while shooting Yoongi an almost smug look.

"This is exactly what I mean," I exhaled, warped in exasperation. My emotions were a mess and all over the place. "I don't think I can let you guys stay at my apartment by yourselves."

"Then where are we supposed to stay?" Taehyung demanded.

"You're demigods. You'll find a way." I tried not to think too much on the fact I was arguing with the son of Ares, god of war.

"Why don't we go with you?" Hoseok suggested. Immediately chirps of positive affirmation followed his words.

Oh no. I blanched slightly as flashbacks of Jungkook asking the very same thing when I first met him. He wound up marching down the street in just a towel when I refused him. If these demigods decided to shed their clothes in midst of their disgruntled attitudes there were no towels, nor did I even have enough towels, to cover them all.

My emotions were quickly fraying. "My father is in critical condition. I don't know how or if it even can register in those numbskulls of yours, but I need to be there for him and I'm not going to bring you all there."

The last few words were sharp with fragile patience. Sure these guys were demigods and probably didn't have much to worry about except who got the most women in bed. But why couldn't they realize the direness of the situation? Why couldn't they look beyond their own blown up ego?