Chapter Eight

Lunar's POV

Blushing intensely, I knocked on Mathis' door, seeing her after what happened the other night was embarrassing. Her cheeks were just as red as mine as she stepped out. We were thinking the same shit as the "twins" we were, probably why we had the best friendship.

"H-Hey," We both grinned awkwardly, laughing, and looking at our shoes as we started stepping further from her house. From a distance, Mr. Hayes and Mr. Lincoln watched from their Cadillac. It had come apparent that they had been the watching feeling. Kind of weird but...nice..in an awkward kind of way. Mathis and I spoke in unison once again, ending with us giggling for the second time, "I-I would like to apologize for last night."

I sighed, rubbing the back of my head as I swallowed down what little dignity I had, "Alright, listen. I'm sorry about last night. I-I tried to get you to hang up, I really didn't want you to hear...o-or see any of that. I-I really hope that this doesn't change anything but if it did, I do respect that."

I wasn't about to admit being watched while fucked was interesting, this shit was awkward enough.

"It really is my fault, Looney Toons. I knew I was calling at a bad time, but I refused to listen to my gut. I should've asked you if it was alright to watch," She lightly punched my shoulder a few times, looking at me with a playful roll of her eyes. She kicked a rock, both of us watching as it skipped away from us, "I guess I was just curious, ya know...? Like, what it's like to... ya know."

My eyes darted towards her, watching as she did a tight circle with one hand, using a finger from her other hand to ram into the circle before making a raindrop sound and then an explosion. The sight and realization of what she was doing made me die inside.

"Oh, my fucking Elysium," I cackled, hunching over as I covered my face, "What the fuck, Mat. You could've just said it not do that! What the fuck is wrong with you?"

She giggled at me lightly hitting my head on a pole, shrugging nonchalantly, "What? I just wanted to see if I could still make you blush. I got to make sure they don't steal all my fun, ya know? I'm #1 and I plan to stay that way!"

"I promise you; I am officially scarred for life. Thank you, Good Laddy," I shook my head at her as I pretended to tilt an imaginary hat to her, she curtsied in return, giggling as I teased with a roll of my eyes, "Goddamn do I love you."

"Sorry, but the feeling isn't mutual," She razzed, pretending to twirl her hair as she skipped away. She had a hum to her tone that had me chasing.

"Excuse me?!" I pouted, catching up with her, "Who is this foe that has stolen thy heart from me? I challenge thee to a duel!"

She rolled her eyes once again with a cock of her eyebrow as she tsked, "Okay, Romeo."

"If I'm Romeo, does that make you Juliet?"

She scoffed, holding up an imaginary sword and preparing to spar and duel, "Bitch, I'm Mercutio!"

"He dies, though!" I chortled as we headed to my place, shaking my head as she chased after me.

"So does Romeo and Juliet, Dumbass!" She had me there. I've been slain, damn.

"After you," I bowed as I opened the door for her, smiling contently, "Milady --"

"Hello, You Two," Color drained from my face, my body froze, and my smile was destroyed at the voice that spoke to us. My pupils were too tense to look over, I didn't need to anyway.

"Look, Lunar! Mathis' brother came to visit! Isn't that wonderful? Now, you all can catch up," My mother's joyful tone was the only thing keeping my shit together.