Chapter Thirty

Lunar's POV

"Where's the opening to check the tank? I'll check it, I'm fucking up here anyway," I asked, climbing off the beam with a shrug. My patience didn't wait when I found it, opening the hatch before the stench reached my nose and my stomach retched, "Fuck you, Fuck that!"

"That's why I said to let me do it, Dumbass," Anthien yelled with a laugh, starting to climb up as he shook his head, "You do realize you've gotta get in there, right?"

"Why am I not surprised?" I scrunched my face at him, "This place is worse than that ward."

"I'll join you," He chuckled, holding the hatch open as I fixed my mask back over my face. His tying on a mask symboled that I wasn't alone and that the scent was bad.

The ladder was sticky and slimy, climbing down being so difficult I had to tighten my grip until my knuckles whitened and ached. I was pretty calm, stopping my tracks about halfway down so I could pull out my flashlight. I felt like my mind was playing tricks on me, hearing sounds and movement, needing a light just to prove it wrong and stop being paranoid.

"Oh, shit! Stay out, stay out! Fucking, fuck! Get me out!" The light met hundreds of eyes, my irises widening as I frantically climbed out and started laughing maniacally. I probably looked like a cartoon character as I shut the opening and sat down on it, "The flooring is corpses and eggs but the walls are covered in those things."

Leville started laughing at the shaking of the door and the screeching from in it, "Good thing you thought to look around while climbing down. Now, to figure out how to deal with them."

"Oh, I think I know how. Come on...," I had a very stupidly fun idea, his body following me as I climbed down. Once we reached the ground I dialed Jax, "Has Lance been released, yet? I wanna kick his ass at fireworks. Could you both bring some to the Spooks and a lot of them?"

I had wonderful imagery of what to do and where to place everything, certain that all but one person would be unhappy with my actions. My pupils wandered and danced toward Castian who made eye contact as if he already could tell where my mind was at. I didn't even have to ask my pondering question as a smirk tugged at his lips and his irises sparkled, "Barely any knowledge and you know me so well, what are we doing?"

"We're going to get put into egg sacks," I smiled proudly, Mr. Lincoln's expression unpleased and his jaw tense as I continued, "It's the only way to get those fireworks in there without us dying. Anthien, what buildings haven't been checked?"

"The ones over there," He pointed passed the tower, hesitant with his response. He had a look that he was debating on giving me the truth, but one glance toward Castian had him being honest, "Ozora and I hadn't checked them, yet."

I looked at my phone, checking the time, "Mr. Hayes, Castian and I are going to need entirely black clothes, blood pouches, masks to breathe in the mucus, heart rate droppers, and I'll need night vision goggles. Castian, have you checked the underside of the tower --the sewers?"

"North is blocked, West is barricaded, South and East are open," He smiled fondly, the wheels in his brain turning as he raised a brow, "You're interesting me immensely."

"Get all the paths but the one under the tower blocked, Anthien and Jax will take the fireworks there and hide them as trash. Do we have a problem so far?" I looked to Mr. Hayes and Mr. Lincoln. Mr. Lincoln nodded while Mr. Hayes shook his head, but Mr. Lincoln knew better than to stop me at this moment as Mr. Hayes pulled out his phone and called for our supplies. I looked back at Castian, "We will lead them to the sewers where they'll make our eggs in them. We'll use the heart rate droppers to play dead as they work, and then we'll use the pouches to not only lure them but put on ourselves with the mucus. If we smell alive, we'll never make it out of the tank."