Chapter Thirteen

Lunar's POV

Blinking, I looked myself in the mirror, looking at my right eye. Mathis wasn't kidding, I really did have the galaxy in my iris. My irises were naturally a vivid sky blue, similar to a bright neon blue. I had a few people fawn over them, saying how intoxicating it was to look at them. Don't get me wrong, it was flattering but after a while, it gets kind of boring to hear.

Now it was just my left eye that was blue while my right was shades of blacks, purples, blues, and even pinks. It looked like the Milky Way. You could even see stars shine and sparkle within my iris. My pupil was the shape of a five-point star with very faded dark pink encased around it, bringing more volume around the galaxy and stars behind it. Even moving my iris to different angles to look around made the little stars shine and prosper, making it seem as if the galaxy was real. Finishing up my teeth, I washed my mouth out and headed out of my bedroom, picking up a box from my bedroom.

Moving time.

Mr. Lincoln chuckled at my mother who was scolding him for taking a box from her, "I don't mind helping, Mrs. Floid. It really does mean the world to me to help such a lovely lady."

I swear this man simped for my mother. He catered to her every whim, even when she begged to do things herself. If he didn't Claim me, I'd be certain he was with me just to get at her and that's on my entire soul.

"You shouldn't have to carry my things, Mr. Lincoln!"

"Ma, just let him help, the more hands the sooner we can get out of here," I pleaded with a shake of my head, coming down the stairs, "You know I want to be away from here in case Anthien decides to come around."

"Alright, alright," She caved, seeing the fear in my expression as I passed her, heading over to the moving truck that Mr. Hayes had called in. I adored watching them bond and interact, but it didn't tower over the fear I had of Anthien. Knowing he wasn't human made him all the more terrifying, and I wanted us away from this blasted house as soon as possible.

Mathis leaned against the truck, giving me a warm smile hiding the solemn look in her eyes, "It's going to be weird having you roll up in a car instead of a board."

My expression only became more pained, "Please, come with, Praying Mantis. Convince your mother. I can't leave you where he can get to you."

"You know Mom won't leave, Lune," She got quiet, helping me pack a few boxes into the truck. Her mother refused to leave their home, to leave her husband. She loved that bastard with her entire being, it broke mine to watch her suffer for somebody who saw her as property.

"Live with her if you'd feel better," Mr. Lincoln chuckled from behind, setting a box in the truck, shrugging nonchalantly, "I get you for eternity."

He was hiding his concern, wanting to give me the freedom to make my own decisions. I was thankful, but secretly I wished he'd fight me with this. Secretly, I wished he'd convince Mathis and her mother to come with us, but I knew that was wrong. Her father may be abusive, but they still had a choice to stay or leave... Even if it was fucked up for them to stay and for us to watch on the sidelines. You can't force people to do things they don't want to do or force them if they aren't ready for that step.

A blush fought to appear on my skin as Mr. Lincoln placed my box back into my hands, Mathis jumping up and down with excitement, "Permanent Sleepover!"

"Wh-What about your dad...?" I murmured, hesitancy dancing in my posture, "Won't he be upset? I know he's still pissed about the last time I was around..."

"Screw him."

"Wh-What about you and Mr. Hayes...?" I peeked at Mr. Lincoln, earning him to lift my chin and plant a kiss on my lips before walking back into the house. He could tell what I was wanting him to actually do, using his eyes to tell me it wasn't going to happen. Part of me wanted to huff and pout to get him to do it, but I was thankful he didn't. It'd just end up hurting us.