Chapter Twenty-Eight

Lunar's POV

Everything was fading in and out, drawing my mind blank as my ear rang and screamed, my vision blurry and spinning. I couldn't move, couldn't breathe. I kept waking and disappearing into dusk every time I tried to move or look around. I could hear movement, begging that it wasn't the girl because I couldn't run. I couldn't feel my legs or arms, my spine ached like millions of nails and I couldn't lift my lungs for air. I could barely hear the faint sounds of snarling, the little vision I got seeing Castian just before his fist tore her heart out.

"Lunar, come on, Baby," Suddenly Mr. Lincoln was rushing and sliding over as the room became dark completely. His voice was petrified, he kept shoving really hard into my chest, it hurt and made me want to cry out but my mouth wouldn't move. I couldn't wake up and answer him, or beg him to stop what he was doing, his compressions felt like I was being stabbed repeatedly, "Kitten, PLEASE, do not do this to me!"

Why couldn't I wake up? Where was I anyway? I was in an unlit place with stars everywhere. What was this place? Why was I here? How come I could hear Mr. Lincoln but I couldn't do anything? How could I feel everything but I wasn't even in my own body? Then everything got bright and I was standing over where I fell, I winced at the sudden rays of light, watching Mr. Lincoln with rolled-up sleeves. He was doing CPR on my body...and crying. Why though? I'm not dead. I-I don't think, at least.

"God-fucking-damn it, Lunar Floid. Wake up. Don't give me this bullshit!" He whined like a puppy, angry and hurt at the same time. It felt like hours just watching but I could see from his watch that it had only been a couple of minutes. I watched as Mr. Hayes tried to get him to stop, his whimpering turning to snarls as he stopped. His growling mostly seemed directed at Mr. Hayes for making him halt his actions, his face pressing against the crook of my neck, and his hand caressing the opposite side of my neck while he murmured, "Pl-Please, come out of there, Princey. Y-You're not done being my stars. Y-You're not done being my shine. I-I'm sorry --- FUCK--- I'm so sorry. We shouldn't have left. I shouldn't have left."

"B-But I don't even know where I'm at," I looked around, furrowing my eyes and then jumping as a woman popped up next to me. She had curly black hair and large pearl wings with diamonds dancing within the feathers. Her eyes were Sapphires flowing with her perfect curves. Her irises sparkled with the diamonds and her elf tiara. She had a kind presence but I didn't give two shits, backing from her as I barked, "Wh-Who the fuck are you?"

"I am labeled as a GateKeeper, I am to see you on whatever path you decide," She smiled at me, curtseying with her white gown. A small giggle left her throat at my defensive posture as she further explained, "You're in the Limbo, a place where the soul goes when the body is fighting for life and has no idea what to do. You have two choices, Life or Death."

"And why would I choose death?"

"Many have asked such a thing. It's simple. Death is an escape to freedom and security, especially for the kind-hearted and the Pure. Death ensures you'll be at peace with no harm to ever come to you if you are Pure."

"I-I want life," I looked to Mr. Lincoln, watching as he rested against me and kept giving out pleas for me to wake up, whispering sweet things and promises, "I want Mr. Lincoln. I want my friends. I never desired, requested, or attempted to get here. I don't want to be here. I don't want to die."

Her smile widened, sparkles glimmering as a gold cup with shiny liquid arose in her palm, "It was suspected, Mr. Floid. All that is required is that you drink from this cup and then you'll awake from your sleep."

"What about them? They're deserving of peace," I motioned toward the spider girl, hesitant in taking a sip. It didn't feel right to drink it just yet. I needed answers.