Chapter Thirty-Three

Mathis' POV

"This might be awkward to ask, but you're here, and Lune isn't..." I interrupted our minutes of silence, stepping off the desk I rested upon before heading towards the restroom, "C-Could you help me in the bathroom?"

"I do require more information before doing such," Mr. Hayes chuckled from the bedroom. His tone gave away he understood my intentions, but he just wanted to confirm the possible doubts...and hidden meanings. If I had hidden thoughts, I was unsure at the moment.

I rolled my eyes, shaking my head, "I need help with the cut marks on my back, I can get the rest."

I heard his steps as I slipped off my hoodie and sat on the counter, my hands clasping around my breasts. My irises were daggers at the bruises that couldn't be hidden, my thoughts praying he'd avoid the topic. As if reading my mind, he remained quiet, pulling out the first-aid kit and setting it next to me.

Every nerve in my body stiffened and froze at his touch, not even daring to wince at the dabbing of the cuts. The contact of the peroxide sent shivers down my spine as I finally relaxed, my fingers fidgeting with the strings of my hoodie. His voice was delicate, his fingers sweet with the bandages, "Are there any other cuts, Ms. Mathis?"

The way he said my name made my thoughts empty, the skin of my cheeks growing warm. I wanted to brush the question off, but at the same time, I didn't. My nod was hesitant, not daring to lie. Even if I wanted to lie, it was obvious I had more wounds to tend to.

My staying still hinted to him where they were, so delicately he unhooked my bra, turning me around to face him and unbuttoning my jeans. He paused when I flinched and shut my eyes at his act, lifting my chin and caressing my cheek with his thumb, "Breathe, Baby. You're safe."

My eyes were shut so tight I was making stars appear, but I was so petrified. Hayes kept petting my cheek, his free hand delicately moving my arms from my chest and letting my bra fall onto the tiles. The whimper I was fighting escaped as I clenched my fists at my hips, the x-gash between my breasts stinging from the cold breeze. It brought tears to my already watery eyes.

I jerked at the dabbing that followed after it, opening one eye as I whimpered. I couldn't look at him, all I could do was watch his hand cleaning my chest. My body was terrified and trembling, but at the same time, the cold breeze and his touch made it crazy. I was thankful the cold room was the real reason my nipples were hard, but it wasn't making me feel any less embarrassed. I wanted to shrivel up and hide.

Tye kept himself quiet as he tended to the marks, taking out tweezers and gently taking out little bits of glass from the wound. In doing so, I could hear his jaws pop from him tightening them so much as he worked. He was remaining calm so he didn't scare me, but his crackling jaw away of his true emotions even as he cooed out, "May I clean the other cuts, Miss?"

My throat was swollen in fear as I allowed him to take off my jeans. Carefully slipping them off, my underwear gave away that I had three Xs under the fabric because they were stained from the blood. I trembled as he slipped the silk down my thighs and off from around my ankles. The Xs were on top of one another, the top one being small and the bottom one being the largest. This time I could see his jaw tighten as he was kneeling to see better. His eyes were trying to appear calm, but I wasn't fooled. I could see the fury blazing in them. He was pissed down to his core.

Lune was right about how scary Tyler could be with such things. He had terrifying control over his feelings. Most would see it as a mature thing --- it is --- but it's also petrifying. It means at any given point he can and will be willing to do things, but he's able to control and manipulate the situation enough to not. One who can control their emotions so powerfully can also control the environment around them. Part of me was afraid, but most of me was intrigued. Part of me liked it... a lot.