Chapter Thirty-Seven

Lunar's POV

"Elysium, that fucking idiot!" Anthien yelled into Aiden's phone, he wasn't even on speaker and I could hear him. My body was frozen as I watched Aiden's hands clasp around Castian's gushing throat. My heart was pounding in my ears, my pupils staring at the corpse. Aiden was swearing and spilling slurs, a snarl in the bath of his throat as Anthien barked, "I don't know if I can wake him up this time, Aiden. Where are you? How long has he been that way?"

"He's only been this way about five minutes. He slit his throat, and he's not breathing. We're at the Spooks," Aiden tore off his shirt as he put his phone on speaker, pressing the fabric onto Castian's throat, "Now, hurry the fuck up. Lunar, get the fuck over here!"

"The kid is there?" Leville grew more angered at the knowledge of my presence, "I swear to Elysium, I'm bringing him back just to kill him myself."

Shuffling over, Aiden's blood-soaked hands snatched my clean ones and pressed them to Castian's throat, "Keep the pressure here, I've gotta go to the front so I can show Anthien where we are."

He was gone before I could even try and argue. My throat was dry and locked. Why couldn't I be the one to go? I-I hate blood...

My hands were shaking violently, my stomach starting to knot as I put pressure on the gash. I forced the vomit down at the sound split flesh makes when blood is rushing from it, shutting my eyes tight and whimpering quietly. I took a deep breath and looked back at Cast. I needed something to focus on other than the flowing red river.

Though he was lifeless, his skin remained slightly tan. He wasn't breathing, but his eyes were moving while closed. It seemed more like he was dreaming than dead. I wasn't sure what to make of it. Part of me wanted to open his eyes and see what'd happen, but Aiden said to keep pressure to lessen the blood flow.

"You left him with the body? Are you a fucking idiot? He could have done this instead!! By the powers of Apollyon, I swear you and Castian want me to fucking kill you!!" I turned to see Anthien dragging Aiden by his hair, anger fueling his eyes as he shoved him to the ground. I was in a daze, squeamish from the moving warmth on my hands.

The sight of me had his temper strengthened, his body kneeling across from me as he slammed down a medical box. My irises watched him open it, eyeing the packages and liquids within, my lips daring to manage, "Wh-What is all that?"

"Ian Wilde uses the English term 'Gash Seeler.' It's meant to be used to stop the bleeding of a corpse. It's a potion that strengthens a dead aura so we can bring the body back to life. However, it's not meant to be used so many times... Each time you die, your body becomes immune, and it's more difficult to manage. You risk losing connection with yourself and the world. It will still bring you back, but...not in a good way," I think in some way my response eased him because his muscles seemed to relax a bit, his eyes growing soft as he glanced at me. He pulled out a vile of blueish-purple liquid and a dropper, filling the dropper before delicately moving my hands and cloth. I watched him place the elixir, his hands pulling out a large needle and a vile of yellow fluid, "This is to bring you back. W-We just label this as 'Life Bringer...' Our English terms are really boring."

I think the force he had in stabbing into Ozora's thigh was personal, not giving a damn if he caused pain or discomfort. I would have told him to be gentle, but part of me agreed with the little anger he still held on to. Tonight was unacceptable behavior. I noticed, at this point, that Mr. Lincoln and Mr. Hayes were leaning against a building and watching us. Neither of them looked too happy, either. I had a feeling Castian was in for a very long lecture.

My body jolted at Cast sitting up fast and hacking into the pavement, my temper turning to worry as I watched blood and shards of rock and stone spilling out of his mouth. His wounds healed, the glow of his tattoos brightening for a moment before fading. I wanted to be furious with him, but I was confused. Why is he coughing gravel? What happened? Why is this happening?