He's Just a Phase, Right? [Lighten Up]

You woke up to find that Draco had left sometime in the middle of the night. You drew open the curtains but squinted at the bright sunlight outside the window. The dorm was empty. Hermione had obviously let you sleep in. You dressed in a cute sweater and jeans and pulled your hair up into a messy bun. Your stomach grumbled loudly. You couldn't help but smile as you walked into the Great Hall for lunch. It was just such a good day so far, and it didn't even take drugs to make it one. You saw Draco sitting at the Slytherin table. Your eyes connected for only a second before he turned back to beat away Pansy, who was trying to feed him some soup. You sat down at the Gryffindor table next to Hermione and began to eat a sandwich.

"Hey. Where have you been?" Harry asked.

"Oh, just catching up on some sleep," you said in between bites. Hermione didn't look at you once throughout lunch. Every question you asked her was replied with a short "yes" or "no" or "I don't know." Finally, she stood and excused herself. You shot Harry and Ron questioning looks, but they just shrugged. So you got up and walked out of the Great Hall to follow her. When you stepped into the hallway Hermione was already at the end of it.

"Hermione, wait!" you shouted, running to catch up with her. She didn't stop, but she did slow her pace.

"What's wrong?" you asked once you caught up with her. She stopped and turned to you, infuriated.

"What? You think I never would have found out? Especially when it's in our room?!" she shouted. You stepped back, shocked at the outburst. You felt sick to your stomach as the thought that she might have seen Draco crossed your mind.

"Hermione I can explain--"

"Why would you do that to yourself? Don't you know how bad it is for you? How long have you been doing it?" she asked.

"I-- wait. Doing what?" you asked, now very confused. She looked up and down the hall, then reached into her pocket and pulled out a bottle of Advil and a metal tin.

"Oh, that," you said, relieved she wasn't talking about Draco.

"Yes! This!" she whispered, seeing two people coming out of the Great Hall. She shoved the items into your hand and you put it in your pocket hastily.

"What are you thinking?" she asked.

"Nothing. It's no big deal Hermione," you said.

"No big deal?" she hissed.

"Yes. No big deal. What are you to tell me what I can and can't do? And why were you going through my stuff in the first place?" you yelled.

"I was looking for a book. But that's beside the point," Hermione said slowly.

"Whatever," you said, turning away from her.

"Are you having sex with Draco Malfoy?" she blurted out.

"What!! Hermione!" you cried in disbelief.

"Well?" she asked.

"Setting aside the fact that that information is totally personal, no. Where would you get an idea like that?" you asked, but of course you knew the answer.

"I saw him! Last night before bed. I peeked behind your bed curtain to check that you were alright. What was Draco Malfoy doing in your bed, Kris?" she hissed.

"Look, these things are just phases. Lots of kids go through them," you said, walking up the stairs.

"Well, that doesn't make it any less stupid!" she said angrily.

"Okay, I'll stop," you lied again. She looked at you skeptically.

"I will.” You walked into the common room and dropped your books onto the couch. She stood and looked at you for a moment, at a loss for words. Then you both paused as you heard the portrait hole open.

"Harry! Stop. She will totally say yes," you heard behind you. You sat up straight and turned. Harry and Ron were walking in. Hermione shot you a look that said, ‘we are not done talking about this’. You rolled your eyes.

"Who will say yes to what?" you asked. Harry stopped dead.

"Er... I didn't know you guys were here..." He stuttered.

"Where else would we go? Come sit!" you said, beckoning him over and motioning for him to sit next to you. He did so without hesitation.

"What were you talking about?" you asked.

"Nothing," Ron said quickly, sitting by Hermione. You eyed Harry. He looked uncomfortable. You scooted toward him so that the gap between you disappeared and whispered into his ear so that nobody else could hear:

"I can keep a secret." Harry jolted away.

"I-I got to g-go," he said, before running up to his dormitory. You burst into laughter.

"What did you do?" Ron asked.

"Just had a little fun is all," you said. You knew that Harry liked you, so you always messed with him. You weren't worried about anything happening because he was so shy. You sat for a bit while Hermione and Ron talked about homework. You got up and began walking to your room when you stopped. You thought about the temptation you would get to take the pills so you turned and walked up to the boys dormitories.

"Where are you going?" Hermione and Ron asked in surprise.

"I'm going to talk to Harry," you said. You walked up the stairs and knocked on the door. You heard some footsteps and then the door opened. Harry looked shocked to see you.

"What are you doing here?" he asked. You walked in and smiled.

"I can't visit?" you asked.

"No. I-I don't mean no as in no. I mean no as in yes. Wait..." he stumbled through his words. You put your finger to his lips. That shut him right up.

"I know what you mean," you said. You walked to his bed and sat. He stared. You patted the bed and he walked slowly and sat next to you.

"I'm sorry for whatever I did to freak you out," you said.

"What? I didn't freak. I-I just..." he stuttered.

"You freaked," you laughed. You lay down on a side of the bed, and he lay on the other.

"You really need to lighten up, Harry," you said.

"What do you mean? I am so light," he said. You laughed.

"Yeah, real light," you said, sarcastically of course. He smiled.

"Okay. Maybe you're right. I'll be lighter, I promise," he said. You talked and laughed for a couple hours. And you didn't even notice when you fell asleep on his bed, seeing Draco's face in your dreams.