He's Just a Phase, Right? [Not Again]

"That is so gorgous!" Hermione squealed when she spotted the bracelet on your wrist. You had just walked into the common room and was surprised at how quickly she noticed.

"Thanks. It was a Christmas present." you said, setting your trunk down. She motioned for you to come sit. Harry and Ron were playing some type of game you assumed they made up, involving cards and squirting balls of some sort. You held out your wrist for Hermione to see.

"That is so sweet!" Hermione said.

"I know isn't it!" you said, showing it to Harry and Ron. They grunted.

"Oh you guys. Can't you relax a little? He hasn't bothered you once since we've been together!"

"So?" Ron said.

"You are both so stubborn." they ignored you and went back to their game.

"They'll get over it soon enough." Hermione said. You nodded and she helped you carry your stuff up to the girls dorms. When you put all your stuff away, you went back down to the common room. You decided to hang out with the three of them tonight, since you hadn't in a long time. You were happy to find that Harry stopped taking jabs at you. He actually was somewhat nice. Since Harry and Ron were still hesitant to accept your relationship with Draco, you didn't talk about him for the rest of the night. You wanted to though. You wanted to tell them about how his father treats him and about him meeting with Lord Voldemort. But you couldn't. So you went on as if the world was just peachy. But it wasn't. Not at all. Not even close.

*****

You walked into Potions and sat at the back like usual. What was unusual was that Draco wasn't there. And when class started Draco wasn't there. When class ended he wasn't there. And he missed all the other classes. He didn't show for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. You checked the Room of Requirement at the first break, and knew he was in there. The problem was, it wouldn't open. Every break you checked the Room of Requirement, but it still wouldn't open. The same thing happened the next day.

"Hermione, have you seen Draco anywhere?" you asked her at dinner on his third day missing. She shook her head. You bit your lip and stared down at your food. Your stomach growled, but you hadn't had much of an appetite lately. You were too worried to eat.

"Kris you haven't eaten all day. Eat something." Hermione urged. You shook your head.

"I'm going to go look for him." you said. You got up and went to the bare stretch of wall for what seemed like the millionth time that day. You tried to open it for and hour or so before giving up.

*    *    *    *

"Hermione, something is wrong with Draco." you said the second she woke up. You had been waiting for her to wake up. Your worries gave you a case of insomnia. You couldn’t fight it anymore, because you ran out of sleeping pills 2 days ago.

"What?" she said, wiping her eyes sleepily.

"I don't know. Ever since we got back from Christmas he's been missing. And before then he was acting weird. Like he's keeping something from me. Something big." you said, biting your lip.

"You look horrible." Hermione said.

"Gee thanks Hermione!" you said sarcastically.

"Did you sleep at all? You look exhausted."

"I'm fine! Let's get back to Draco please! It's been a week! That's not normal!" you said, laying back down on your bed. "Well, did anything happen while you were at his house?" Hermione asked.

"Yes. With his father. He hates me Hermione. But Draco doesn't care about that. And then..." you trailed off.

"What?" she asked interestedly.

"Nothing. I think I just thought of something. I have to go get him out of that room and talk to him." you said. You dressed and walked out quickly to the Great Hall. You walked toward the Slytherin table. Pansy saw you and made a face.

"Look who it is! The Gryffindor Whore." she said. This earned guffaws of laughter from her Slytherin peers.

"Oh how smart! You come up with that all on your own?" you said sarcastically. She stood and advanced, but you were too quick. You had your wand out already.

"I just need to find out if Draco has come to the common room yet." you said, pointing it at her.

"I wouldn't tell you even if you did curse me." she spat.

"Oh! Is somebody still in love with her Drakie?" you smiled. Anger flared in her eyes.

"He'll dump you as soon as he realizes what a mistake he's made. Your worth nothing to him!" she said menacingly. You laughed and raised your wrist in her face.

"Apparently I'm worth a lot! Read the engraving hun." you said. She did and immediately puffed up with rage. She slapped your hand out of her face and reached for her wand. You saw Draco enter the Great Hall and spot you. He ran to Pansy just as she pointed her wand at you and stood in between the two of you.

"Pansy what are you doing!" he said, shielding me protectively.

"She started it Drakie!" Pansy whined.

"I told you not to call me that." he muttered, turning you away and leading you out of the Great Hall.

"What are you doing picking a fight with Pansy?" he asked.

"I just went over there to see if you were there and she started in on me!" you defended.

"Well I'm here. What is it?" he asked. You glanced up and down the hall. There were too many kids coming in and out so you shoved Draco into an empty classroom and shut the door.

"That hurt." he said, rubbing his chest. You took a moment to examine him. He looked sick. Like, really sick.

"Draco what have you done to your self." you asked. He looked away. You watched him closely. You caught it. The itch. "Draco..."

"What?!" he asked nervously, running his hand through his hair.

"What did Voldemort say?" you asked quietly. His eyes widened.

"What?!"

"You heard me. I wasn't going to ask but now I have to. I mean, we had a wonderful break together, then we get back here and you go completely off the rails! And you're using again?! I know that he called for you and I want to know what he wanted because whatever it is, it is tearing you apart!" you said. He was shocked.

"I-I don't--"

"And don't lie to me! I can tell when you lie!" you said, backing him against the wall.

"I'm...I can’t." he muttered. You walked away frustrated.

"Draco I love you! You know I love you! But you won't talk to me! Please talk to me! Tell me what is making you relapse?! Why are you doing this to yourself again. To me again?!"

"I..." he began, then stopped. You looked at him pleadingly but he just looked down at his lap. You lifted his head to face yours.

"Draco I'm not strong enough to go through this again." You whispered.

"What are you saying?"

"It's just too much. I can't... I just can't do it anymore. Not if you won’t talk to me.”

"Kris! Don't..." he pleaded. You felt tears falling down your face as you took the bracelet off and lowered it into his hands.

"I'm sorry. But I can't do it." you repeated, walking to the door. "I'm done."