He's Just a Phase, Right? [The Past Comes Knocking]

Ugh. Classes.

That was your first thought when you opened your eyes. For the first time since school started you were ready for classes before Hermione was. You could barely sleep. You were so stressed over your love life that you couldn't really do much of anything. You sat in the common room to wait for everyone to finish getting ready. Harry suddenly appeared next to you. You jumped.

"Woah. Are you okay? You look really tired," he said. You shook your head.

"It's nothing. Just school," you lied.

"Yeah, it is getting tough. Did you do the potions essay?" he asked hopefully. You nodded and took it out.

"You are a lifesaver!" he said, hugging you quickly before going upstairs to copy it. Then, Hermione came down.

"Hey. So Have you and Harry talked yet?" she asked, sitting next to you. You sighed. She was more curious than Harry was, it seemed.

"No not yet." you whispered. She huffed impatiently.

"Well?" she asked.

"Well... I don’t see what the big rush is,” you said. She was about to question you further about this when you heard people start coming down. Perfect timing. Ron and Harry came down.

“You two go ahead,” Harry said to Ron and Hermione. “I have something to talk to Kris about.” Ron was about to protest to being kept out of the loop but Hermione smacked him and dragged him out quickly.

“What was that about?” Harry asked, motioning toward Hermione.

“She’s just in a hurry to find out what our relationship status is,” you said, laughing.

“Well, she’s not the only one…” he said. You didn’t say anything. “C’mon Kris, you kissed me and then acted like it never even happened.”

“No! I’ve just been distracted, is all. Things with school have been crazy. I’ve fallen behind and I’ve had a lot on my mind. I’m sorry. I don’t want to act like it didn’t happen.”

“So… Where does that leave us?”

“I’d say… We are taking things slow. Is that alright?” you said after contemplating. The truth was, you had always had a fear of commitment. This was new territory for you. You needed time to process it.

“As long as we are taking things somewhere, it’s fine by me.” He said. He wrapped an arm around your shoulders and walked you down to the Great Hall for breakfast. Heads turned when you entered the room. You rolled your eyes, but decided you might as well give the gawking masses a show. You pulled Harry toward you and planted a kiss on his laps.

"What was that for?" he asked as you sat with him at the Gryffindor table.

"Just giving the people with no lives something to talk about. It's a service, really," you said. He chuckled at this and started loading his plate with food. You looked for Draco out of the corner of your eye. He looked like somebody just walked up to him and spit in his face. His eyes darted to the door and back to you. You sighed.

"Harry, I have to run back up and get something. I forgot a book," you said, getting up.

"But you'll miss breakfast," he said.

"Save me something," you said, and you walked out of the Great Hall and waited in the corridor. Moments later Draco appeared, clearly angry.

"You're with him?!" he seethed. You shushed him and pulled him into the girls lavatory.

"What are you getting so upset for? You aren’t my boyfriend,” you calmly stated. He glared daggers at you. Then he did something that truly scared you. He punched the wall. Hard. You flinched.