He's Just a Phase, Right? [The Ring]

"Kris what happened?!" Harry said when you walked in, one hand holding your face where Draco hit you. You were still crying softly. He hugged you before taking a step back and looking at your face. You lowered your hand and Harry's eyes widened at the bruise that was already forming across your left cheek. He touched the place where blood was escaping slowly.

"He did this to you?" he asked. You looked down, unable to say the truth. When you looked back up you caught a glimpse of Harry's angry face before he walked past you.

"Harry don't. It's nothing!" you said.

"You think this is nothing?!" he said. You quieted and after a moment let him go. You sank on the couch and cried until you fell asleep in the common room.

*    *    *    *

"Harry I can't believe you did that!"

"I didn't know that would happen! I-I didn't know..."
You sat up and looked over the back of the couch to the portrait hole, where Hermione and Ron were staring at Harry in shock. You got up quickly and hurried to Harry.

"What happened? Harry, what did you do to him?!" you asked hurriedly.

"I don't know... It wasn't- I've never done it before..." he said, running a worried hand through his messy hair.

"What?!"

"I said a spell I got from my potions book and Draco just... There was blood everywhere." he said, shocked himself.

"Harry!" you yelled in disbelief. Harry didn't say anything. "Oh my--" you ran from the common room to the Hospital Wing.

"Madam Pomfrey!" you yelled when you arrived.

"Calm down dear. He's going to be fine." she said automatically, and you followed her voice to the closest bed on the left side of the room. You pulled the curtain back and let out a small scream. Draco had a long deep gash down most of his body. You covered your mouth and knelt next to the bed.

"No no no no no..." you muttered, taking his hand. You felt something in his hand. You opened his fingers and saw a shiny diamond ring fall out of his hand and onto the bed. You stopped breathing when you picked it up slowly. You couldn't move, couldn't think as you looked at it shining in the light. It was the most beautiful engagement ring you've ever seen.

"Oh my God." you whispered.

"What was that?" Madam Pomfrey asked, tipping potions down Draco's throat.

"Oh, er... Will he be okay?" you asked through new tears that were forming.

"Yes, he should be just fine." she said, going through a bunch of different potion bottles at record speed. You pulled yourself together somewhat quickly and stood, placing the ring back in Draco's hand and closing his fist again.

"I can't be here..." you said to yourself more than anyone else.

"I'm sure he'll be fine dear."

"Yes, thanks." you said quickly before walking out in a daze. You were so in your thoughts that you ran straight into somebody.

"Kris I'm so sorry!" Harry said. He seemed to be out of breath, you knew he ran there. You held up your hand and walked past him. He rushed to your side.

"Stop. Please I didn't mean to--"

"It's okay." you said quietly.

"I didn't know it would-- Wait. What?" he asked, shocked.

"I said it's okay. It was your one. Your one to his thousandth." you said. He looked confused but you just waved and went to your dorm quickly. You collapsed onto the couch and closed your eyes, thinking. Draco was going to propose to me? How is that possible?! We are so young... But I am pregnant. But he doesn't know that yet...