He's Just a Phase, Right? [Draco's Descent]

"He's here, Master." Wormtail said, coming into the room. Lord Voldemort sat in a chair in front of the fire.

"Send him in." he said in that cold voice of his without even turning around. Wormtail bowed and backed out of the room. Seconds later Draco entered.

"Master you called for me." he said, kneeling.

"Yes." Voldemort said, rising slowly. "We have discovered a possible threat to our plan. She's at Hogwarts. We need you to take care of her." he said.

"Who?" Draco asked.

"She is rare in our world. Her powers have only just started to develop, and they will get stronger than you can ever imagine. Her name is Kris Rogers. I believe you know her?" he said, smiling. Draco's eyes widened but he quickly contained himself.

"Master I'm sure she is no threat..." he said quietly.

"Are you questioning me?" Voldemort accused.

"No! Master no! I just don't see her as a threat, is all." Draco stuttered.

"She will be. Because of you." Draco looked up at this with a questioning look. "I have a sneaking suspicion that you are closer to this girl then you let on."

Draco hesitated. Then said, "I am."

"Well then. Maybe that's a good thing." he muttered to himself.

"I don't understand." Draco said.

"You will convince her to join us."

"To make her a Death Eater." Draco said. Voldemort nodded.

"Before our plan is set to take place. We are done here." Draco obediently left the room.

*    *    *    *    *

You fell onto the floor of your father's office. Thankfully, he wasn't in there. Your mind was reeling.

Kris? She would never be a Death Eater. Not ever. So then what? I have to kill her? I can't! I won't! But he'll kill me! But I can't kill her... I love her.

You got up and walked quickly to your room. You sank onto the bed, head in your hands. You cried. The one thing you feared more than anything else was happening. Kris was being dragged into this world. A world you yourself didn’t want any part of. And you would have no choice in the matter. They would just kill you both. You got up, pacing the room. In a flash of anger, you kicked your desk so forcefully that the bottom drawer shot open. A glint of light caught your eye. You peered inside the drawer. The glint was from the needle of a long forgotten syringe in a plastic bag. No matter how long you had gone without, at that moment you couldn’t shut the drawer, shut that life out. You picked it up with shaking hands. You pushed Kris's face out of your mind as you closed and locked the bathroom door. Your filled the syringe and closed your eyes, feeling the drug flowing in your veins. Then, the syringe fall from your fingers onto the cold tile. You sunk to the floor, the most wonderful feeling in the entire world coursing through your body. You were in heaven once again.