He's Just a Phase, Right? [Friends With Benefits]

"WHAT?!" Draco yelled frustratedly at the door.

"Sorry man, I just have to use the bathroom." Blaise said through the door.

"Hold it! I'm busy!" Draco yelled.

"Okay just take it easy..." Blaise said, his voice fading as he walked away further from the door. Draco turned back to the spoon he was holding over his wand, which had fire coming out of the tip. There was another knock.

"LEAVE ME THE FUCK ALONE!" Draco yelled. There was a whimper of a younger boy as he ran away. Draco stared frustrated at the door for another moment before he continued. He filled the syringe, then paused for a moment. He stared at it, contemplating whether or not to put in just enough to end his misery. He sighed and put it down, then tied a rubber tube around his upper arm. He stuck the needle in his vein where the skin had been punctured numerous times before. He exhaled deeply. Kris’ bracelet sat on the floor next to him. He looked down at it, then at his left forearm, the Dark Mark staring back. Then at the bracelet again.

"What am I going to do..." he whispered helplessly.

Kris’ POV:

"It has been a month and a half! How much longer is this going to last?" you heard her from outside the door.

"What?" you asked, sitting up. You were laying on your bed hugging your pillow. Hermione poked her head out of the bathroom door.

“Huh?”

"Didn't you just..." you thought back to when you had heard what Harry and Ron were thinking.

"Nevermind." you said quickly. She looked at you curiously, then sat on your bed with you.

"How are you?”

“Fine.”

You had told Hermione that you and Draco broke up, but left out most of the details. They were worried at first, and Hermione hardly ever let you out of her sight. But now that they all saw you weren’t going off the rails, they waited patiently.

"Are you sure it was the right thing to do? I mean, you seem to love him a lot."

"Hermione, it was the right thing. No matter how much I love him, love isn't enough. I need somebody stable."

"He's not?" Hermione asked curiously.

"No." you didn't elaborate, even though you knew she wanted you to. You eyed your trunk, wanting so badly to pull out the pills you hid.

"Hermione do you think maybe I could have some time alone?" you asked.

"Oh yeah..."

"Thanks." you said as she walked out. As soon as she was out of sight you opened up your trunk and dug the bottle out. You passed the Oxy pill through your fingers before popping it into your mouth. Then another. Then a third.

*    *    *    *

"Kris. Wake up." you opened your eyes groggily as Harry came into view.

"How did you get up here?" you asked, looking around to see you were still in the girls dormitories.

"Broom." he said, holding it up. You saw he had a plate of food in his other hand.

"What's that?" you asked.

"For you. You slept through dinner." he sat next to you on your bed and held the plate out to you.

"I'm not that hungry, thanks." you said, pulling your knees up to your chest.

"That's what you've been saying all week."

"No. I've eaten."

"Barely." you didn't look at him.

"I'm worried about you." Harry said, setting down the food.