He's Just a Phase, Right? [The Love Triangle]

You woke up feeling extremely sick. Even though you really didn't want to, you dragged yourself out of bed and slumped into the bathroom. You took a cold shower to wake yourself up and cool yourself off. You were burning up. You dressed quickly, and then turned to look around the room for the first time. Everyone else was already gone. You did your make-up light today, and just put your hair up in a ponytail. Then you picked up your bag and walked to the common room. It was empty except for a couple of first years running late. You sighed, turning to make your way to breakfast alone. As you walked, you popped open the chapstick container that you carried around with emergency Oxy. You tipped one into your mouth quickly when nobody was around.

By the time you reached the Great Hall, you already felt like you were getting well again.
When you got to the Gryffindor table, Hermione scooted over reluctantly. You sank into your seat and looked at Harry. The only thing was, you didn't see the friendly green eyes looking back at you. He just stared down at his breakfast. It bothered you, seeing him upset with you. More than you expected it to. You felt it was best to stay quiet. You picked at your food, not having much of an appetite. Just then the mail owls came flying in. To your surprise, a medium-sized black owl landed in front of your plate with a letter addressed to you. You took it and gave the owl a piece of bacon. He flew off happily. You saw that the writing was from your brother. Definitely something you didn't expect. You opened it and read:

Danielle didn't want to tell you but I thought you ought to know. Dad went on a business trip and his plane crashed on the way to Hong Kong. He died. The funeral is tomorrow in case you decide to come.
--Jake

You dropped the letter onto your plate. Dad's dead? My dad is dead. You weren't sad. You didn't know what you were. Maybe shocked? You didn't know what to do. How to react. You felt a nudge in your side. You turned to see Hermione looking at you, concern on her face. You blinked and looked around. Everyone near you was staring. You stood slowly, and handed the letter to Hermione, a bit of egg falling off the corner, before walking out.

**************

You flicked little pieces of lint off your pillow. You decided not to go to classes today, and you knew that Hermione would tell the teachers why. You sat up and looked at your watch. Free period was going to start in ten minutes. You changed quickly into a pair of ripped faded jeans, converse, and a black t-shirt. You walked quietly through the halls to the dungeons. You slipped past the door to Snape's classroom and hid behind a statue right as it opened. A group of Slytherins hurried out, but Draco wasn't among them. Then came the Gryffindors. You stood as still as possible as they walked past. You crouched down and peeked through the window on the door once it shut. Draco was talking to Snape. After about 2 minutes you saw him walking towards the door. You stepped aside.

"Hey. Why weren't you in there today?" he asked.

"Just didn't feel like it I guess." A distant sound of laughter echoed throughout the dungeons. A worried look crossed Draco's expression. Looking around, he spotted a broom cupboard and pulled you inside, magically locking the door with his wand. You glowered at the surroundings, making note of a particularly large spider in the corner next to you.

"Well… do you want to talk?" he asked quietly. He seemed distracted and less than sincere about talking to you.

"Can we just sit for a sec?" you asked. He seemed confused but nodded. He sank down against the wall, and you sat next to him. You leaned on him and rested your head on his shoulder.

"Is something wrong?" he asked. You weren't sure if you should lie or not. You thought for a while, then decided not to. You looked up at him and saw that he looked truly concerned.

"I got a letter this morning. My dad died." you said.

"Are you okay?" Draco hugged you to him.

"Honestly, I'm fine." you said, now realizing it yourself.