He's Just a Phase, Right? [Jealousy]

You were woken up by the annoying sound of twittering birds outside your window. You always hated those birds. You sat up and rubbed your eyes. The smell of breakfast drifted up to your room and you jumped out of bed. You were starving. You hopped down the stairs two at a time and stopped at the entrance to the kitchen to find someone you weren't expecting. Harry.

"What are you doing?" you asked, making your way to the island. Right when you sat down Harry set a plate with eggs, bacon, toast, and an orange in front of you.

"Making breakfast." he turned back to the stove.

"Harry, you're a guest! You didn't have to make breakfast," you said, looking down at the food. You had to admit, he was a great cook.

"Well, I was hungry and you all take too long to wake up," he complained. You smirked and bit into your toast.

"Thank you. Where did you learn to cook? Most guys I know can't even boil water without burning the place down." He smiled at that.

"You remember the horrible people I talked about growing up with? I had to make them breakfast most of the time. They figured I didn't have anything better to do." he said, with a hint of bitterness in his voice as he sat next to you with his own plate. You decided to lighten the mood by doing the only thing you could think of. You flicked a piece of egg at him. He froze.

"You are going to regret that," he said. You feigned a frightened expression. That was when he took the opportunity to attack. You ran but he tackled you down on the couch and began tickling you like crazy. You heard your laughter echo through the house, and you knew it would wake everyone up. You gasped for air in between fits of laughter, trying to slap his hands away. Unfortunately, he was determined to win.

"NO, HARRY!" you yelled. He smirked and, to your surprise, stopped.

"Ha! I won!" you yelled in triumph. He just sat there smiling down at you. You felt a shift in the air. You knew at any moment he was going to try and kiss you. You coughed and rolled out from under him.

“You guys woke me up,” you heard from behind you. You looked in surprise to see Jake standing at the kitchen door.

"Sorry, Jake," you said.

"Whatever. At least you found a guy that will make you breakfast before taking off," he muttered.

"What did you say?" Harry asked, bristling with anger.

"Harry, it's nothing," you whispered. "Come on, lets go outside." He nodded and walked out, neither of you saying one word to Jake. You got outside and walked along the path that went around the pool and into the backyard.

"Why is he so mad at you all the time?" Harry asked.

"Mom always told me to ignore him. She said he was mad that I got to be a witch and he didn't have any magical ability." Harry said nothing so you continued. "He's also mad because he didn't approve of the way I acted over summer."

"I don't blame him," he said. It was still chilly out so he draped his arm over your shoulders to keep you warm.

"You're great you know that?" you asked, stopping and looking up at him.

"Yes. I know," he said, pulling you closer so that you were up against his chest.

"You're warm," you said, snuggling into him.

"I'm sorry you feel that way," he said. You didn't have time to comprehend what he was saying when you felt yourself being pulled over the edge of the pool. You screamed as you both fell into the freezing water. You gasped the second you got to the surface and smacked Harry in the head.