He's Just a Phase, Right? [Crash]

You opened your eyes slowly, staring around what was now your favorite room. You slid stealthily out of Draco's arms and went to the bathroom, glancing at the clock on your way. It read 5 A.M. Three hours of sleep. Great. You took a cold shower to wake yourself up. You left the bathroom and found that Draco was awake, but not bothering to move.

"How can you get up on 3 hours of sleep?" he muttered, holding one arm over his eyes to block out the light.

“Practice.” you answered honestly. He laughed. He gathered his things and stood a little awkwardly in front of you.

“I’m gonna go get ready in the dorm.”

“Okay…” he gave you a quick hug. You smiled after him as he left. It was an adjustment, being friends with him. He still tip toed around you, not sure what was acceptable or not. You got dressed, pulling out your chapstick. There was only one pill left. You swallowed it, then thought of how much was left up in your trunk. You gathered your things and made your way to breakfast.

"Hey Kris." You jumped, turning around to see Matt leaning against the wall.

"Matt." you said coldly.

"Ouch. I feel the chill." he said, fake shivering. You crossed your arms.

"What do you want?" you asked.

"In all seriousness. I just need to talk to you really quickly." he said. You gave him a skeptical look. Then you opened the door to the Room of Requirement again and nodded for him to come in.

"What do you want?" you asked, shutting the door.

“I heard what happened at Cece’s.”

“From who?”

“My bro Connor’s little sis goes to school with Jake. So how are you?”

“I’m fine…” you let your guard down slightly.

“Listen, I know Cece was your ‘connection’ for most things.”

“Matt...”

“Don’t give me that bullshit about being different here, Kris! I know you. I can tell your still taking Oxy, and you gotta be running out soon. I can help you.” You turned away from him stubbornly. But then his words sank in. The fact that you weren’t going back to Cece’s to stock back up had started to set in. You tried not to panic.

“I… can’t.” you said, trying to convince yourself. Maybe it was a good thing that you were running out. You would be forced to stop. But just thinking it, you began to feel sick to your stomach.

“Don’t worry, I’ll get you a good deal.”

“I don’t have anything.” you said quietly. When you turned back around Matt was only an inch away from you. Before you could do anything he kissed you hungrily, slamming you against the door and forcing his tongue into your mouth. You went for your wand but he grabbed both of your hands and held them against the wall. You tried to get away but he was really strong, probably from having to beat people up for not paying him for they're drugs. Or probably from the fact that you hadn't eaten in 2 days and was a little weaker than usual. You fought hard and managed to get away from the door but he put his weight on you so that you fell backward. You screamed, partly for help and partly for the pain you got from slamming on the hard floor.

"Matt, stop! Please!" you cried, pulling harder. But he was much stronger than you were. You yelled loudly, but knew that nobody besides Draco knew where you were or how to get to you, and he was down in the Great Hall by now. Tears filled your eyes and you began to cry softly. Matt pulled at your skirt impatiently, until it ripped off. You tried to kick him off while he pulled down his pants but he weighed too much and he seemed to have some experience in this. He held you down with no problem. You sat helplessly as he pulled your underwear down. Tears streamed down your face as he entered you. You just lay there sobbing until he finished and got up off you. You slowly put on your clothes, but then laid back down on the floor. Matt put his pants on and knelt down to you. You didn't have any energy so you just sat still.

"You were so much easier last summer." he said. He threw a plastic bag with some white pills next to you and walked out, leaving you huddled on the floor.

After spending 10 minutes or so on the floor, you moved to the couch. School, Draco, Harry, your friends, everything was washed from your mind. All that was left was what had just happened. You replayed it involuntarily in your mind over and over again until you couldn't take it anymore. You grabbed your bag and ran out of the Room of Requirement. You went to the Gryffindor common room and went up to your dormitory. You threw your stuff onto the floor and got under the covers of your bed. You waited for sleep to take you away from what happened, but it wouldn't come. You reached over to your trunk and dug to the bottom. You took out the bottle you used to depend on so much, and cried as you tipped out three pills and took them dry, dropping the bottle to the floor without care. Then you drifted off to a dreamless sleep.

You opened your eyes weakly, looking out the window to the sunset. You felt heavy, like you couldn't even walk if you wanted to. But luckily, you didn't want to. You wanted to stay in bed forever.

"Help me Mom." you whispered, looking out at the sunset. You sat up after a minute. You figured by that time everybody would be at dinner. You walked to your trunk and took out all your clothes until you reached your stash. You took out a joint and threw the clothes back in the trunk messily. You lit it and took a long drag. You felt, lost. And alone. You didn’t want to remember, you wouldn’t to force yourself not to. You cracked open your first bottle of firewhiskey and gulped it heartily. It wasn’t long before your problems were a foggy mess. You had stumbled onto your bed, muttering incoherently when Hermione walked in.

"Kris? Where were you to-- What is that?" she asked.

"What's what?" you said, laughing stupidly. You watched her walk across the room and pick something up off the floor.

"This." she said, holding out the joint that you kicked away carelessly.

"Oh that. That's just... That's... Well, you can see it! I thought you were supposed to be smart!" you slurred. She looked down at something and you looked down too. The bottle that you had dropped.

"What are you doing?!" she yelled.

"Woah!" you said. Then you sat up. "Can you keep a secret!" you said loudly. She nodded angrily, just trying to make you continue.

"I'm hungry." you whispered. She stared at you before storming out of the room. You got up slowly and followed her out. You stumbled down and reached the bottom just as Hermione was about to leave the common room.

"Oi! Where are you goin?" you asked. She quickly walked to you and pulled you away from all the other Gryffindors to where Harry and Ron sat.

"To Dumbledore." she said.

"What?! Why!" you screamed. She motioned for you to lower your voice. You laughed and whispered somewhat quietly, "Why?"

"Because Kris! I don't think you realize how serious this is." Hermione whispered. Harry got up and walked next to Hermione.

"What's going on? Kris? What is that smell?!" he asked, smelling you. You ignored him.

"Hello?! Note serious face." you said, although you were on the verge of cracking up again. Hermione shook her head.

"You need help." she said. You grabbed Hermione by the arm and pulled her back.

"I don't need anyone! What I do need is for you to mind your own business." you said. She stared at you, disbelievingly. Then she tore her arm out of your grip.

"Fine! I don't have to deal with your problems. Tell Malfoy I wish him luck!" she said, and she ran up to the girls dormitories. You laughed and turned to Harry, who wasn't laughing at all.

"What did she mean by that?" he said slowly.

"What did she mean about what?" you said, going slightly off balance. Harry caught you and held you straight.

"About wishing Malfoy luck." he said.

"I don't know." you said, very unconvincingly. Harry looked you up and down.

"What happened to you?" he said, sadness in his eyes.

"LIFE! LIFE HAPPENED HARRY! AND LIFE SUCKS!" you yelled. You started to feel light headed and faint. You felt yourself begin to sway.

"Kris?" Harry said. You held your head in your hands, trying to make the world stop spinning. You felt Harry try to support you but it was too late. You crumpled to the floor and everything went black.