He's Just a Phase, Right? [Halloween]

You turned the corner to the portrait of the Fat Lady to see Matt leaning against the wall, waiting for you.

"Hey." you said, unsure of what else to do.

"So, you're different here?" he asked.

"Yeah. I am," you said quietly, picking at your jacket. He walked up to you and leaned forward so that his mouth was only an inch from yours. He kissed you roughly, and you were too taken aback to react. Then he pulled away.

"It doesn’t seem like it,” he whispered into your ear. He backed up a few steps and continued the conversation as if nothing just happened. "I'm in Slytherin, you know."

"Oh... er. Yeah I figured you were," you stuttered, still in a little bit of a shock.

"So, I'll see you around. This one's on me," he said. Then he shoved something into your hand as he walked past you. Not knowing if anyone was watching, you put it in your pocket hastily without looking. When you entered the common you saw Harry and Ron sitting and playing Wizard's Chess. They were so absorbed that they barely looked up when you came in. You muttered a greeting before making your way to your room. Before you got there, something caught your eye on the bulletin board. You took a step back and squinted at the flyer, which read:

HALLOWEEN DANCE
We will be celebrating Halloween night with a dance in the Great Hall. A special Hogsmede trip will be this Friday at 9 A.M. to buy costumes.

At least something to look forward to. Wait! Halloween IS Friday! Only one day! These people are crazy! You walked up to the girl's dormitories and pulled the mystery thing out of your pocket. Heroin and a syringe in a plastic bag.

"Damn it, Matt.," you breathed through gritted teeth. You walked to your trunk and put it all the way at the bottom with everything else you needed to hide.

*    *    *    *

"GET UP!" your eyes snapped open as Hermione yelled in your ear. You flipped over so fast that you fell over the edge of your bed and onto the floor, taking the blankets down with you.

"Hermione!" you yelled, rubbing your butt.

"Can't be late! Costume shopping! They'll leave us if we're late." She said, frantically getting dressed. You got up and threw on a t-shirt and a pair of jeans, throwing your hair into a messy bun.

"Ready." you said. She turned to you in surprise.

"You don't even try and you look good!" she said in disbelief. You smiled and walked downstairs. Harry and Ron were both just coming down as well.

"Finally a girl who doesn't take bloody hours to get ready!" Ron said. You laughed as he called for Hermione to come down. Harry pulled you into a kiss before you left for the carriages.

* * * * *

Hermione and you walked into the costume shop. You sent Harry and Ron to the Quidditch store so that they wouldn't see what you were buying. You loved surprising people with your outfits.

"What do you think I should be?" Hermione asked.

"I don't know. Maybe a vampire?" you said, not really paying attention. You were trying to think of what you wanted to be.

"Look at this!" Hermione yelled, pulling out a costume of a witch. "How wrong is this?! We don't look like this! Muggles can be so thick," she said. You raised your eyebrows.

"You know you are part muggle, right?" you asked.

"Yes, but I'm also part witch and that part is really offended," she pouted, fingering through the rack.