He's Just a Phase, Right? [Broken Promises]

"You okay?" Hermione asked. You shook your head before getting up and running from the breakfast table. You heard Harry following you into the girls bathroom and he was there to hold your hair back as you heaved up what little you managed to eat for breakfast. When you were finished you flushed the toilet and leaned against the stall, eyes closed.

"Have you talked to Draco?" Harry asked, breaking your thoughts.

"No." you said flatly, brushing past him and turning on the sink, splashing your face with cold water.

"But he was in Potions just yesterday."

"Well I opted not to talk to him." you said tiredly. Harry waited for you to continue. "It's just... he's never around. When we got back together he promised me that he would tell me the truth. He broke that promise and I don't know if we will work out this way. We can't." you tried to reason but couldn't help but begin to cry.

"Hey..." Harry said comfortingly, hugging you.

"It's just..." you said quietly. "HE should be doing this! He should be holding my hair back and hugging me!" Harry sat with you until you calmed down before he said anything.

"Your right. But you need someone to help take care of you and the baby. Who would you have to help you?" you hesitated. "Well?"

"I don't know." He sighed before helping you up.

"Class." you rolled your eyes and let him lead the way out of the bathroom.

*    *    *    *

Draco waved for you to come to him when you walked into Defense Against the Dark Arts. You bit you lip and looked to Harry. He gave you a small smile before leaving your side to sit next to Ron. You thought about ignoring him and pretending you hadn't noticed but decided against it, knowing he saw you look straight at him. You walked to the back of the room. He went in to kiss you but you turned your head, giving him the cheek.

"Ouch." he said. You just looked at him. "Okay, I give. I'm sorry." he said, moving to kiss you again, but you pushed him away.

"What are you sorry about?" you asked quietly but angrily, feeling the class staring at the two of you.

"For not being around." he said. You nodded for him to continue. "And for... er...?" he stuttered, obviously oblivious to what he did. You shook your head and began to walk away, but Draco held your arm. You looked back at him angrily.

"We'll talk later." you muttered. He let go, a questioning look on his face. You turned and walked back to the front and sat next to Hermione. You spent the rest of the day mad that Draco totally forgot the promise he made to you, and trying to stop yourself from vomiting. By the time classes were done you had a giant headache.

"I can't believe that the year is almost over. I'm so not ready for exams." you said to Harry as the two of you walked up to the Gyrffindor common room slowly, you dragging your bag.

"You'll be fine. Have you thought about next year?" he asked.

"What about next year?"

"Well, your going to have a baby you know... How are you going to come to school? I mean, you don't have any family to take care of it."

"Harry, I know you’re trying to help, but I have a headache and I really can't think about this stuff right now."

"Well have you at least figured out the Malfoy stuff?" he asked. You sighed, knowing he wouldn't stop mentioning Draco until you told him.

"Well, I'm going to try and figure out how to tell him about the pregnancy. But I'm not sure if we are going to be together much longer."

"Really?" Harry asked, a hint of happiness in his voice.