Chapter 42

"Fuck!" Asher screams continuing to rock back and forth, my eyes snap back to him and my mother.

She whispers in his ear continuing to rub the back of his head, he shakes his head, "No!" from something she said.

"You're not alone, I'm always here" her eyes tear up as she watches her son have a meltdown, "You're not a disappointment nor a fuck up okay and you're defiantly not a mistake or any of the awful things your father said"

I always thought he was closer with mum than me, while i was closer to dad but that's all changed and I guess I was wrong.

His cries loud and deep while he continues to shake his head against his balled up fists, "Cam" Ace touches my arm and my blurred vision snaps towards him.

"Go call Julia"

"What?" I wipe my eyes looking back to Ash and mum.

"Call her" he gulps and I shake my head, no.

Would he even want that?

"Why doesn't no one want me mum!? Why am I so fucking stupid, why do I ruin everything?" He separates his arms smacking his head of the wooden floor grunting loudly through his sobs.

"I said fucking call her" he snaps at me.

I pull my phone out and flick through my contacts finding her name, I click on her name and stand in the dining room while holding my other hand over my ear blocking out Asher.

Ace's POV

I knew he was hurting and I didn't tell him to stop the drugs or to stop selling it because I was so hung up on his sister, my best friend that was always there for me when I was hurting and I didn't do a goddamn thing.

He'll never be okay with us will he?

The way he talked about Julia to me when no one was around showed me how much he cared for her but just like Camila he's scared of love or even worse, he's had no one showing him the love, teaching him the love to him, he has no love in him to hand it out to give it to a girl. That one girl he cares deeply for.

Ken was a prick, I seen the way he would treat him compared to Cam, when in school that's why we would hang at my place more until my dad died and he helped me through it and took his fathers harsh words because I didn't want to be in my home knowing my father wouldn't be there sitting in his usual spot waiting to work on our puzzle. I always had a loving household, he didn't. Sure Jo is a loving mother but she didn't realise Ken's harsh words.

I'm such a shitty selfish friend.

Camila understands so why didn't I help him? I'm always caught up in my own shit, I was hurting Camila when she was in pain and now I've done the exact same to Asher when I knew he was hurting. I distanced myself without noticing.

"Fuck" he cries.

"S-She's on her way" Cam stutters staring at her mum and Asher.

"Come on Asher" their mum cries trying her best to soothe him.

I walk over and kneeling down, "I'm here man, I'm not going anywhere" I say wanting to try anything to snap him out of it.

He ignores rocking faster balling his fists up tighter than before, screaming like he's in excruciating pain.

"Asher!" His mum sobs not knowing how to help, I only have one way to help and she's currently on her way.

"Come on baby, I'm here. We're all here for you" she continues to rub his head as her own tears consume her.