Chapter 51

Ace's POV

I open my eyes to complete darkness, all I hear is Cam's soft snores as her steady breathing is felt against my chest. I'm currently spooning her holding onto her for dear life.

I slowly move my arm she's laying on managing to free it, she stirs and groans before her light snoring is heard again. I stand up and walk through the darkness to the lantern and search for the matches. I manage to flick the match against the box and light the lantern giving me some light in this small space.

I see the notebook sitting on the wooden unfolded chair, I pick it up and sit down. I haven't see this in years, I put that in the chest and Asher put the stack of porn in. He always asked what was in it and I never told him either but he never once pestered me or even sneakily tried to read it. He respected my privacy like I did his, the more we got older the closer became and now..we're not even friends.

I open the first page to my name written in bold with little sketches and doodles. I turn the page seeing the first two words 'Dear C' I flick the page not wanting to read any further of my younger thoughts.

The next page is a sketch of a dragon with three heads. I wish I stuck to the whole drawing thing, no one has ever seen them because I thought they were no good and I only did it for my benefit.

I fan through the pages unable to read the stupid letters, poems, notes and more silly drawings. Cam groans and lays on her stomach with her head on her folded arms, I look back down to the notebook finally closing it not wanting to look any further.

"Ace?" She leans on her elbows, the blanket falls down to her lower waist showing off her bare back.

"Yeah?" I place the notebook into the box and lay down beside her under the blanket.

"Are you okay?" She says half asleep.

"Yeah baby, go back to sleep" I tuck her hair behind her ear and kiss her forehead.

She moves my arm and lays back on it still laying on her stomach, I pull her towards me as I lay on my side facing her.

My phones rings and I jump out of my sleep, Cam doesn't move but remains fast asleep. I remove my arm from beneath her and search to grab my jeans, I pull it out the front pocket. I groan from seeing George's name and I answer.

"What?" I whisper and glance to Camila.

"Where are you?"

"Out why?"

"Ma is worried sick"

"Why?" I say confused.

"Because you didn't come home and it's six in the morning"

"Okay and?"

"At least tell Ma you aren't coming back home for the night!"

"Okay, tell her I ain't coming home for the night" I scoff.

"Very funny"

"We'll be back soon to get our bags"

"Did you not listen to Ma at all yesterday?"

I hang up, I'm fed up of this shit and him. I lay back down feeling an ache in my lower back from the hard cement floor.

I watch Camila sleep and flick through my phone for the next hour, i also regain my thoughts thoroughly. She finally opens her eyes slowly blinking a few times before finally realising I'm in front of her.