Frozen in Terror

One night, I was in my room watching MapleTube waiting for Edward to say good night. This was one of the rules he implemented in order for us to remain as best friends, and so I do my best to follow through. This time, I wasn't lucky. My eyes heavy as if dumbbells were weighing them and forcing them to close. I drifted once again into my dreams. I saw myself walking along with a bunch of familiar faces going home. We looked like we just did a dance rehearsal and was about to unwind in the mall nearby our school. A guy offered me some crinkles on the way home.

Oddly enough I wasn't chatting Edward like I should have. I was enjoying my time with a bunch of people that I didn't know. While crossing the road, I suddenly lost my vision and when it came back, I saw the people I was with on the other side while I was still halfway. When I started to walk again, I got body slammed by a van and this vehicle did not stop. "IT WAS A HIT AND RUN", screamed by a random stranger, "CALL THE AMBULANCE" another one shouted. I saw myself once again in third person, bleeding out and restless. I saw how my blood pooled down on the white lines of the pedestrian lane and it felt like torture. It was all a panic and all I could do was shout but couldn't. I felt restricted and the moment I was able to shout, it was then I realized it was all just a dream. Resulting into a phenomenon we call "sleep paralysis".

The next day Edward fought me as if there was no tomorrow. He was angry at the fact that I slept on him and didn't say good night. It was as if I didn't value tradition.

The school year ended up with me and Edward hanging out and neglecting my mom. My summer started out with me getting Seasonal Depression and from my innocent perspective, I blamed it on my mother. My other friends treated Edward as a kind and loving angel. This situation of being trapped in a rigged dungeon, hurts my heart, and yet I can't fathom the thought of leaving him alone thus forced to stay as his friend.