Tearful Reunion

I saw Zairen, bag behind his back and a guitar bag that was being held by his right hand, walk up towards me with a smile on his face. When he saw how troubled my face was, he grabbed my arm and walked away from the guards. I saw how tight he was gripping my arm all the way til he reached the admission office.

"Did they do anything to you?"

"I'll just tell the full story later in the field"

He gave me the guitar and entered the office calmly.  I hugged the guitar while looking at my left arm where he grabbed me tight and saw that there were marks on it. "I hope these marks leave by Monday", I thought to myself. I felt apprehensive, I have not spent time with him for roughly four years. All these thoughts circulating my mind just like a tornado,

"How much has he changed?"

"Does he still remember me as much as I remembered him?"

"I really wish he remembers me"

These thoughts went on up until he came out of the door. "So... long time no see shobs, well long time no talk", he said. His confidence burns me... it makes my heart beats faster every single time I try to utter a word to him. He flings his hair to the side as he tries to start the conversation. My heart pounds, the sound of drums during a black parade. This feeling is weird, yet I love it. I responded shyly, "Yeah...long time no talk...".

We walked around the school campus talking about various things. We caught up throughout the times we didn't talk. Of the things he said, one thing that caught my attention was "I really don't like people talking behind my back...like seriously, if you want to say something to me, just say it". These words, it was like my brain was recording every single thing that happened during this time.

"Shobe let's sit by the bench, I need to change my clothes". As we walked towards the bench at the furthest, area of the field, my jaw dropping at how he just undressed so casually in an open area.

I saw how much of a buffed guy he was for a frail person. He had bulk muscles on his forearms, triceps and biceps. He had abs, even if it was not noticeable, I noticed those faint little details on his body. His back, slightly crooked yet buffed. The sun glistened on his skin because of all the sweat he had on his chest, his back, his arms. "Like the view?", he asked in a mischievous tone, and found myself blushing, so quickly, I decided to look away while letting out a small chuckle.

When he was finished changing his clothes, he walked and sat down beside me. I saw the clear sky reflecting on his eyes and how his hair was swinging along with the wind.

"So, what are we going to talk about?"

"What is your favorite anime?"

"Answering a question with a question"

I jokingly said while starting to give a thought of all the anime that I watched. Then I suddenly remembered, I met him through chess. One anime suddenly took the spotlight, from then on it was titled to be my favorite. "No Game No Life?", I asked with a very unsure tone.

All of a sudden, I was surprised by an almost legal man who had a deep voice, having the highest, fangirling scream I have ever heard. I saw Zairen jump around like an excited boy looking forward to opening his presents on Christmas Eve. He suddenly grabbed his guitar and played the opening of the show.

"This Game", I muttered...

I saw him kick around his feet. It was the first time I heard him sing. A beautiful, angelic voice was noted by my ears. I sang along with him and it felt like we were in united. I saw butterflies, fluttering nearby. Caught a glance of how his skin glowed, getting sun kissed. Looking at his eyes, where I saw the universe. After finishing the song I realized how much I really love being around him. He started to play random songs on his guitar and it made him look even cooler than before.

Yet of course I'd have to ask,

"Why did you leave me?".

"I'm a Lin, I'm bound to betray a Xia. At first I really didn't want to nor wanted to believe in the whole Chinese history thing, but seeing all the evidences I had, My ancestors were known to betray royalty... And you know that".

I started tearing up as emotions backed up my rants.

"You don't know how much I suffered without you... You betrayed me even more the moment you left... You sealed me to never to talk and it hurted so much when I had to pretend that I didn't know you when Carlton introduced me to you. It's such a heavy weight being friends with Edward and I wouldn't have to if you just stayed with me".

Going out like this wasn't like me. This aching feeling I had in my heart earned from years of not speaking started to go away once I felt his warm arms wrap around me. Patting my back, and hearing him say,

"I'm sorry, I won't leave you ever again. If I do, I'm bound to come back".

After this dramatic event, we went out to the mall and ate Takoyaki. When he was about to go home, I muttered out, "Ahya..", while spreading out my arms. He gave me a long, warm, hug. Enjoying this feeling, I told him, "I'll be seeing you a lot more in school. Thank you for coming back".