Will of a Marionette

A quick timelapse to February. One more month until they graduate, meaning one more month of memories. All of them have been busy trying to get Keine to go back to school and I lost almost all contact with them. Nobody even bothers to seen nor answer their AM. They have been gone for almost a month because of their work immersion. All I could see were glimpses of Zairen appearing all around the campus.

By the end of February, I decided to cut classes and stay in the Pepsi table. There I was suddenly surprised by Chelly, a guy named Bard, and a new guy. Sahya was still nowhere to be found. "This is Keine... he finally showed up. Keine, this is Shobe", Chelly introduced him in a cheerful manner. We both addressed each other but I could tell that he had a thick barrier before going near his stuffed bear side.

The familiar aroma of a fallen angel, suddenly surrounded the vicinity. The scent was approaching closer and closer. This scent that wrapped around me made me have watery eyes so I suddenly looked down. The moment I felt arms wrapping around me, I grabbed those arms and pushed them away. I stood up and saw Zairen with his arms raised up, gesturing for a hug. I looked away from him and bid Chelly and the others goodbye once again. Then I started to walk away.

I looked back at the corner of my eyes to see Zairen's confused and innocent look. I already accepted the fact the he hates me. No need for any more fake friendships. "Edward was enough fakery in one lifetime thank you very much".

I walked slowly back to Edward's room and saw him on his phone drawing something once again. I tapped him on his shoulder, when he looked back at me, I saw Zairen's face just for a glimpse. I took a step back and told him, "Nii... Let's watch The Weakest Showman", he looked strangely at me but agreed. We went outside and sat by the corridor. When I was about to put the earphones on, I heard a whisper saying, "You know you don't want this shobs". I looked around to see an empty hallway with just Ed and I sitting about.

It's the time of the year where we barely have any classes but were required to go to school just for the sake of attendance. Edward downloaded a bunch of anime to help pass the time. It's usually the time where it was most draining physically, mentally, emotionally, and most especially, socially. Another unspoken rule that he established through arguing was not being late. If I had a teacher that was over-extending his or her time, it would automatically be my fault.

Slowly approaching March, I can hear the loud roars of the speakers all the way from covered court. Graduation March playing on loop with students practicing their pacing steps along, one by one. During a time with no classes, I decided to sneak around and watch the practice. Luckily Edward had classes with Sir Ronoban, a terror professor who only passes the handsome kids in class. Usually extends classes when break time was next.

I walked along the hallway while unintentionally hearing the jokes and laughter of the seniors that were lined up, waiting for their turn to march. The aura was full of positivity and made it clear that these students were indeed just waiting for their special day of completion. I saw Chelly first followed by a couple of students in between. Then I saw Sahya and Medusa, waiting in line. "Where is Zairen? He should be here...", I thought to myself while walking up to the cafeteria.

I bought my breakfast from the friendly school cook, Mrs. Eve, and started munching on my crispy shanghai. I placed them in a plastic bag and went back to the hallway where I could continue watching the future graduates. While going back in front of my classroom, where I usually watch them, I saw Medusa without Sahya, meaning he has already marched and was in the covered court waiting for the others to finish.

"Did you tell Zairen?", she asked while looking at me straight in the eye. "No... I didn't... I couldn't", I responded while looking down. Before she was about to say anything, her name was called. It was time for her to march and time for me to go back. "Shobe you need to tell him", I heard her whisper before seeing her start to walk like a model on the imaginary aisle.