Beginning of Corruption

His warmth wrapped me with confidence but I can't seem to get the whisper I heard out of my mind. It's kinda lonely now that they left me alone in this bed. I grabbed my phone, which I hid the whole time they were here with me. I hid this fact from Edward because I know he'd go nuts if he found out of the numerous things I did.

I opened it and there it was, hundreds of messages and calls spamming right at me, telling me to answer or pick up. Surprised by lots of hurtful words telling me that everything was my fault. The time I needed him the most, I was shunned and blamed.

"You can't be my wife anymore". His words were as clear as how Randy would have said that nobody would love me for it. I know for a fact that it shouldn't really hurt me because I was with Zairen again but this, Randy's point being blasted to my face was too much to handle even for my own heart.

"It's not your fault shobs", the same voice whispered once again quite faintly.

"You can't be my sister nor my friend either", Edward said as he started to remove our nicknames in chat. I was foolish to ask for another chance, but he did give it anyways.

I was no longer his best friend nor his sister, I was downgraded to an acquaintance. An acquaintance that is required to follow every single rule he had for a best friend.

I had to send a picture of me every thirty minutes just to give proof that I wasn't getting sexually assaulted. I'd have to respond in a timeframe of at most a minute, or he'd assume that I was a cock slut. Forbidden to be with any boy or anybody that's not a member of his cult, or he'd say that I was doing nasty things with the other person. I can only mention him whenever I was asked who my crush was. I can only be with Juvia, Uriel, and Nicole, but even then he'd assume that I performed girl to girl action with them. This was odd because Uriel was also a member of their cult, and yet he'd assume the worst thing of me. I was not allowed to speak anymore unless he wants me to. I wasn't even allowed to go to the washroom or do my requirements during break time whenever I cram, because he'd assume I was sucking someone else's member. These rules are just a small percent of what he had and the rest I had to find out for myself. Whenever I did something he didn't want, he wouldn't point it out and would blame me for not doing the thing he likes.

These rules slowly sucked the life force out of me. Not having an opinion, only born to follow him, not even allowed getting higher grades than him. I could have gotten a 95 in mathematics but because of his rule, I got mistakes on my exams on purpose just because I was afraid he would either punch me, pull my hair or end everything.

The only thing I had left before Ed taking over my life completely was my daily meetups with Zairen and his friends. The times wherein Zairen would say "I love you", the times when we say our goodnights. It has been one tradition that I was looking forward to every single night. It made me feel as if I had a chance to win this game of life. The only time I'd be able to charge up and be ready to face my never ending torture with Edward.

One day, I tried to reconnect with Kylie. Of course, she was quite pessimistic about it. The thing is, I wanted to get away from Ed, talk to her properly without any influence from him. "Kylie can we talk tomorrow at Lunch?", I asked this without any confidence and to my surprise she said yes.

The next day I saw Ed with his arms crossed, leaning against the wall, and said, "Going somewhere? Talking to Kylie I presume", he said with a smug look on his face. I tried to lie but it was quite obvious from my looks that I was coming up with excuses. "Save it Anue. I'm coming with you to make sure you don't do anything fishy", he said.

When it was time for lunch, I walked down behind Margarine Building where we decided to meet up and talk. I saw Kylie walking down with a mutual friend whose name is Malior. Kylie approached me with a confident stance giving me a warning, "This is the last time I'm giving you a chance to speak. After this, it's over".

I tried uttering out the words I wanted to say but seeing how Edward would pull my hair or punch the crap out of me if I said something he won't like, I said something I deeply regretted. I blamed her, said nasty stuff about her, said something that wouldn't even make any sense. I wanted to say sorry, I wanted help in getting away from Ed, I just wanted to laugh with her again just like we did during the summer before third year.

I almost teared up for not saying the thing I wanted to but as I saw her eyes roll around and turn away, I got crushed. I placed a barrier between Ed and I, ran towards the washroom and started to cry and regret every single thing I said.

"I'm sorry Kylie... I failed you", I whispered to myself.

A few weeks have passed since the incident, following the cyclic routines with Edward, and the tradition of me saying my goodnight and I love you to Zairen. Waking up, going to school, following Ed's orders, hanging out with the gang, going back to masking towards Ed, going home, ending the day with Ed, then ending the night positively with Zairen. It was a bitter taste of corruption ending with a sweet end.

One night, I was busy playing LameGlory with Edward until my phone pinged. I grabbed it while in game and saw a message from Zairen.

"Hey shobs what's up?"

"Not much why?"

I answered hurriedly since I was about to be killed by a Kaka. I can't really suck while playing with Ed or else we'll end up with another fight.

"We need to talk..."

"Go on"

I said while having my heart raising as I saw him type.

"I want you to answer honestly"

He typed. A long pause before I saw him type again making me freak out even more and making me die in game. The moment I died, he chatted,

"Honestly shobs, have you fallen for me?"

My one death started to turn into five then seven. Heart started to beat fast with flashing colours surrounding me.

"If I say yes, his ego would raise. He did predict this happening or rather he didn't know I've fallen the day I met him. If I say no then I might hurt him".

"I don't know Ahya".

"I don't know usually means yes Shobs"

I went out of chat just because I need time to recuperate plus to avoid being disrespectful enough to leave him at seen. A few minutes later, my phone buzzed. I swiped, opened my AM, seened his chat and had my eyes filled with tears once more

"Anyways, I've asked enough. Listen to me, I won't say good night nor I love you anymore. It would hurt you. Another thing, please leave me alone. Let's not talk anymore again. It's not just you... it's everybody else as well. I'm shutting down. For the last time...

Goodnight Shobe. I love you".

I responded with an aching heart,

"Thank you for always being by my side when I needed you. For coming when the incident happened. I'm sorry for not being enough and for being such a nuisance all the time. I see that you're leaving me once again. I hope that you'll get well soon without me bothering you anymore".

With heart writhing in agony, I wrote my last words to him in chat

"Thank you for everything. Goodnight Ahya. I love you so much...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

Good bye".