A New Perspective

I saw myself walking in a long hallway filled with different, various doors big and small. I looked closely and saw a brightly glowing, emerald door. Engraved to it was a Chinese character, meaning forest. The temptation of opening the door has engulfed me leading to turn the doorknob sideways.

Entering the door, everything turned black and as I looked around I saw the light at the edge of this abyssal plain of a tunnel. Once I reached the end, I saw butterflies going towards me making it seem like it was trying to lead me somewhere. I followed these fragile creatures up a hill unto a cliff. As I saw the edge, I saw a guy sitting beside a tree, watching the sun set along the valley filled with rice fields, peacefully. I walked toward this person, floated to be exact and got a good look at his face.

The hair in his face flowing smoothly along the wind. His sun kissed face filled with glimmer and hope. His soft, gentle eyes looking at me intently, making me see the universe, just looking at those sparkling diamonds. His ruby-red lips, without a single crack nor tear. This man left me speechless and out of breath.

I approached him as he stared at me, sat on his lap and crossed my legs on his back. I gave him a long, genuine, hug to the point where time was irrelevant. Hands exerted great force upon his chests, pushing him down to the ground and covered his nose and forehead. When I examined his eyes, I saw him...

"Zairen... I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to...", I jumped off of him and felt my face turning crimson red as I felt his eyes staring at me from head to toe.

"Zairen?"

"Yeah?"

Tears started to build up upon my face and I spoke with hesitation,

"Do you still hate me?"

He just shook his head, and retrieved something from his pocket. Looking at the shiny orb within the grasp of his soft hands, I saw a necklace. It was a gold-chained accessory, connected to it was a mini bottle. He opened the cork that was sealing a shiny orb in the bottle, this thing went out and morphed into a butterfly.

"The golden butterfly! Zairen you kept it all this time?", I squealed with excitement. I saw you nod and gave me a smile.

Suddenly, I heard an alarm stating that this world has sixty seconds left. I ran towards you once again and gave you another hug and a peck in the cheek.

The world where I was happy, slowly shattered behind me as I began to realize once again that everything was a dream. I looked at my hands at where I once held the necklace, and placed it on my chest.

I got out of bed and started my fourth year in this school. Walking slowly while whispering,

"Thank you, for making me want to live once again"