Goodbye to you My Senpai

Hearing the blaring trumpet sounds through the speakers of my phone was enough to wake up full of energy. I rubbed my eyes and looked around, "Right... it's today", I pondered. I leaned up against the wall and checked Quicklygram, saw all the stories of various seniors preparing for their big day. It was a compilation of make-ups, smiling faces, breakfasts, and other various stuff. I looked at the time them stood up. While doing so, I heard voices in my head arguing.

"...You shouldn't go anymore"

"Yes you should..."

I started frying up some bacon and watched it sizzle. I made some fried rice and some egg just for my breakfast. I looked at my plate and felt my mouth water and started to dig in. I haven't eaten rice breakfast ever since my grandmother died. I went to AM, messaged mom and told her that I was attending the graduation of my friends. After finishing the delicious meal, I stood up and went to my room and grabbed my towel. Suddenly the familiar voice was heard once again saying,

"Talk to him"

"No don't... you'll ruin his day"

I covered my ears as I walked towards the bathroom to take a quick shower. I placed my phone on shuffle and it started to play There's a Reason, a song that was used in the No Game No Life movie. While lathered in soap, the song shifted to A Million Dreams, a song from The Weakest Showman. "A million dreams and yet I couldn't even make us come true", I jokingly thought as a short chuckle escaped my lips. I turned off the shower and saw how steamy the entire bathroom was. I looked at the mirror and drew a smiley face and a sad face.

I wore proper clothes, a black shirt wearing a white jacket, accompanied with a black pair of pants and black rubber shoes. I looked as if I were attending the funeral even if it weren't my intentions. I didn't bother tying my hair and instead, dried it using a towel.

"I bet everybody looks great"

I checked my phone one last time and decided to go to school. I walked slowly, as if I was visiting a funeral. Every step I take, became even more heavy. As I reached the school gates, I wore my school ID and got in.

I was taken a back, seeing everybody in their togas. The blue and gold fabrics walking everywhere and nothing else could be heard asides from everybody's laughter. The aura was positive, something I can't ruin.

I sat down by the bleachers saw how much everybody was in joy. Seeing the field that was at some point full of seniors playing frisbees and football, turned into a photobooth and a parking lot. They looked so mature and today, they achieve such a great platform in their life. A rite of passage that nobody would ever dare take away from them. A certification of completing high school, nothing else but a stage to marvel at their maturity.

Going to the cafeteria, I saw the hallway where Zairen and I first met slowly breaking into pieces and shattering away. I continued walking, going to the canteen to visit the pepsi table, once was filled with my friends, slowly dispersing one by one. In order, it started with Chelly, followed by Keine, then Bard, Medusa, and Sahya. I saw Zairen walking away, started to chase him but when I was able to just about grasp him, he started to fade as well. I stopped and placed my hand against my chest to stop the pain.

Walking around, I felt invisible. Nobody was looking at me nor made me feel like I was seen. I walked around the crowded hallways of my building and caught a glimpse of Sahya. I looked away, fighting the temptation to talk to him and ran.