Apart

While walking away, my eyes rolled to the side eyeing at the two talking to each other. Wondering what I had done wrong, why he doesn't want me to be his friend. "Is it because I'm a girl?", I wondered to myself. Being lost in my train of thought, I hadn't noticed Carlton beside me looking worried.

He asked me if I was fine, of course not really wanting to talk about it, I nodded and reassured him with a hug. I successfully changed the topic by tempting him once again with a game of charge. Before I could make my first move, someone threw a rock at me. I eyed out the vicinity and saw Edward making this gesture meaning that I would have to go to him.

Approaching him slowly, I quivered in fear but just about managed to hide it. I saw Joshua and Hatter playing board games along the hallway and I started giving them a signal meaning that I needed help. Hatter started talking to Edward while Joshua asked me my situation. I teared up, making it clear that I can't talk with Edward nearby. Joshua explained it briefly by looking at Edward. The moment Hatter got the idea, he grabbed Edward and went to the canteen.

Edward gave me a gesture, meaning that I should follow him, Joshua shouted at Edward, "We'll be here playing a game while waiting".

The moment Edward was out of the vicinity, tears uncontrollably ran through my face, "I need help... I can't do this... no more please...", I shouted. Joshua gave me a pat on the back saying, "I have never seen anyone as abusive as him... Alice you should leave him... This is getting way too toxic even for you and I really feel bad for you". Explaining to him why I can't leave, he nodded and commended me for my patience.

My vision darkened and started punching the concrete wall. Being his best friend sucks, it's no wonder nobody ever stayed and fulfilled this role. I hate this role of being stuck with a jerk who never even asked if I was okay. This warmth inside wrapping my entire body until a random person held my hand. When my vision came back, I saw Carlton begging me to stop. It was then I realized, blood was dripping from my knuckles and the pain started to set.