Wearisome Friendly Date

Seeing Medusa eliminate her stress and anger by trying out new clothes and judging everybody's outfits made me want to go home immediately. Out of respect, I stayed with Sahya. Annoyingly, she made me try out her fashion senses to which she would laugh at and ask for reassurance from Sahya. "This will be a long day", I thought to myself. From Jnclo to Forever 42, all the way to Wench, this window shopping was torture. I really hate shopping and just because I'm here trying to support Sahya, I have to put up with another Edward.

Medusa placed a shirt on me, I was looking at Sahya in a way where I was asking for help and saw him just smirk at me and gave me an innocent shrug. A few minutes later, I felt a rumble in my stomach. I looked at the both of them with a glare. Medusa proposed to eat in Chonchon, none disagreed at the fear of a whining snake.

We ordered our food, saw her ordering and paying for Sahya's food. We sat down near the window table and while we were waiting for our meal, I tried starting up the conversation. "Are you guys together?", I asked and to my surprise, they both responded negatively to the question. Everything was awkward because she was on her phone while Sahya and I were just giving out blank stares. I watched my phone closely in case Zairen or Edward would message me. I looked at Medusa once again and tried talking to her, "You're such a rich kid for treating Sahya with an expensive meal". She laughed maniacally, looked back at me with a cold stare and said, "Someone who is a rich kid is really different from someone who is a spoiled brat Shobs". This response, her eyes, her lips, everything about her sends chills down my spine, as if I was looking at a gorgon without the snakes as hair. Everything went silent once again, all I could hear was the laughter and the muffled conversations other people had from different tables.

I saw our meals approaching and got excited. When I got my food I started eating almost instantly. I felt her eyes peering at me, I looked up and stared back at her. She started to talk with a tone of suspicion on her voice.

"You're not really new are you?"

"What do you mean?"

"You actually met Zairen a long time ago and erased the friendship for certain secrets, Am I right?"

"Yeah... How did you know all of that?"

"You're so easy to read Shobe. You're not the only one who uses eyes to judge a person".

She said while pointing her index finger towards her eye

These words pierced right into my heart. She was right, I judge people based on their eyes. I usually give advices to Christelle and Jello and would usually know if something was wrong because it would show on their eyes. The reason why I didn't let go of my feelings for Zairen was I took note of those cold and deadly eyes. It meant he was doing it out of his will, not being forced but more of it was for the greater good. The reason why I stayed with Edward because of pity. The reason why I was afraid of Medusa was because of her snake-like eyes.

This train of thought echoed in my mind until we finished our meal. We had to say our goodbyes since Medusa and Sahya had to go somewhere I can't come with them. As I started to walk away, Medusa grabbed my hand, pulled me into a hug, whispered into my ear,

"You look so pathetic, I know your true feelings for Zairen, if I were you, tell him immediately".

With that, the day ended with me walking home alone, and told my mom that I had a great time watching the movie even if it was cancelled. I got back to Edward and now I realized that we have no classes for a week.