Preparation for Reunion

Waking up at seven in the morning, I started by saying my good mornings to Edward. I told him that I would be busy the whole day on my individual project so it would be better if we didn't talk til evening. He started to fight me but I couldn't even be bothered to answer anymore. I had requirements to finish and had to be in school before noon.

I started doing my take home quizzes first since they all had time limits. I finished them all and was able to get a perfect score on everything. After settling my exams, I started working on my paper involving antibacterial activities of certain plants on specific types of bacteria. I had an alarm set for ten thirty so that I could rest up before bathing.

When the alarm rang, I saved my files, turned off my laptop, hurried over to my phone and opened AM, stands for Achilles Messages which is an instant messaging application. I saw Zairen online and chatted him asking if we were going through our plans today. I saw him seen and reply instantly, I felt my heart skip a beat when he said yes. He said,

"I'll be in school by 1 pm, let's meet up in the school gates".

"See ya later!"

A beep in the phone showing his response a sticker that implied, "See ya".

I dealt with Edward's rants and hurtful words by once again apologizing. Saying that everything is my fault, saying all the things he would want me to say. He finally accepted my reasons for being gone til evening, and so I got ready. I started to cook a meal including fried rice topped with fluffy scrambled eggs, drizzled with Japanese mayonnaise. It had beef brisket on the side marinated with teriyaki sauce, topped with sesame seeds. It was prepared for the both of us. I took a bath, wore a black shirt, together with pants and crocs.  Then started to walk towards school. I arrived at twelve and had to wait for another hour.

There were two guards, two janitors, two staff members in charge of school maintenance in the school gate. One guard asked me why I was in school on a Saturday to which I responded with, "I'm waiting for my older brother". They all laughed but I felt creeped out. One janitor wrapped his hands around me and asked if my mom was single, I immediately nodded and stood up directly opposite to where he was. Then he asked if I would mind it if he would make his moves on my mother, I told him, "I don't want you to be a part of my family". The guards started to laugh and tease me, this feeling of being uncomfortable surrounded me. "I hate these people", I thought to myself. As the janitor started to walk towards me and once again flung his arm around me, he asked, "Are you single?", my eyes darkened. I felt this dark, hypnotic feeling of being scared once more. I dropped and sat down on the chair while I watched the guards rummaging the stuff I had in my bag. Paralysis all over my body, my hands, everything felt frozen. I saw how much the guards were enjoying the things I had in my bag.

They feasted on the packed lunch I made for Zairen and I to enjoy. All I could remember was how controlling Edward was. How much I can't fight back. How pathetic I was. I saw them read a journal I had back then to keep me sane. This black mist of negative energy surrounding me felt so heavy. I can't fight back, and I saw how much they were making fun of me.

This lasted all the way until I heard, "Shobe!", I snapped out of the trance I was in. Grabbed my journal and bag then sat down and pretended that everything was fine.