CHAPTER 5

RAE

September 11, Wednesday 

        GEORGE'S MOOD WASN'T the same. Something was bothering her.

Though I have a gut feeling that it isn't something. It's someone.

Is it....

"Rae, okay lang ba yung mga shots ko?" George interrupted my train of thoughts showing me the pictures she took. I took the camera from her hands and started reviewing the photos. Her shots were great. Halatang sanay na sa mga ganitong gawain. "Oo ah, ang gaganda kaya."

"You think so?" A hint of worry in her voice.

"Oo, promise! Marami kang pwedeng pagpilian."

A sigh escaped her lips, something was definitely bothering her.

As I review the photos, the farther I went. One of her photos showed a picture of a badminton player on a verge of hitting the shuttlecock. His facial expression was excellent. George can definitely use this one!

The next photos were the candid photos that Gino requested right after the competition. The three friends were smiling and I can't help but look at Lorenzo's face.

Gwapo nga, lalo na kapag nakangiti.

Okay fine, I'll admit it. I may have a little crush on him. Pero wala akong balak na bigyan pa yun ng pansin. Our first encounter was awful and I pretty much gave him a bad impression.

Agad kong ibinaling ang aking ulo at saka nagsimulang maningin ulit ng mga litrato.

What came after was a picture of Gino, ready to jump into the water. The next one was Lorenzo, standing on one of the platforms, not looking at the camera. He was slightly facing at his right side, probably at the announcer, just enough to showcase his jawline.

I wonder, does he have a girlfriend?

I shook the thought from my head. What a ridiculous idea.

The next photo was Gino and Lorenzo's friend, Maiah. He was sitting on a bench along with his fellow swimmers. Based from the shot, George was far from him when she took the picture. But you can still see that Maiah was looking straight at the camera. Maiah looked beyond the camera. He was looking at George. The next photo was also Maiah. This time he was talking to Gino, but the focus was still on him. The next one was also Maiah, stretching his arms. It was no surprise that the next photo was also Maiah. This time it was a candid shot. Maiah was smiling.

My eyebrows furrowed. I silently looked at George beside me, then to the camera. Four consecutive photos of Maiah...hmmm?

I cleared my throat and handed the camera back to George. "Ang galing mo George, marami kang pwedeng magamit. Trust me."

Kinuha niya ang camera mula sa kamay ko habang nakatingin pa rin sa malayo.

"You okay?" Maingat kong tanong sa kanya, kahit alam ko naman na hindi. It wasn't really my question, I was just hoping that she would somehow open up to me.

She sighed and as if someone pulled a trigger on her, she snapped. "Eh kasi naman! Matapos ang...ang lahat! He acted like nothing happened." Marahas niyang sinipa ang tuyong dahon sa daan.

"Tapos ang kapal ng mukha ngumiti sa akin! Last time I checked, the two of us weren't in good terms. Asshole!"

Lihim akong napangiti habang patuloy sa pagra-rant si George. Just what I've thought, someone was bothering her. Dere-deretso pa rin siya sa pagsasalita at hinayaan ko na lamang siyang ilabas ang pagkainis.