CHAPTER 13

Rae

I DIDN'T KNOW WHAT REASON made my heart beats faster than before. The fact that he lowkey confessed to me, or the fact that he was asking if I like him too.

I admit that I have a crush on him, but does that mean I also like him? For the last days that I've known him, I figured out that he was my type of guy. He was sweet and funny at the same time. He was caring too, sometimes he's serious and I can also tell that he's family-oriented. If I told him that I like him too, will it have an effect on me? On us?

Agreeing on his crazy idea was impromptu. It was my last resort to could escape my personal problems.

If there's a chance that I also like him, is it the right time to confess? Should I take the risk? Lorenzo was the type of guy that I want to have a relationship with. Para sa akin, siya yung tipo ng lalaki na mag-iinvest ng oras at panahon para sa isang babae. Kung papipiliin ako ngayon rin kung sino ang magiging boyfriend ko hanggang dulo, I would choose him. If I confess that I like him too, things might change. If he found out that I have feelings for him, he might act out of the moment. He might pursue me after tonight. Who knows, but things might not go well for the two of us in the future. I might lose him, and I don't want to.

I like him, but I'm not taking the chance. It's still early to say things. I don't want to lose him that easily. I want us to be good friends first.

"I'm still thinking about it." I lied.

It seems that he was expecting a different answer but he managed a subtle nod. There was a sudden awkwardness around us. He cleared his throat while I looked away. Ignoring the spreading heat on my cheeks. He gave me the deck of cards afterward, saying that I should be the one reshuffling it since I won.

I shuffled the cards as best as I could. Hindi ko naman kayang balasahin ang baraha tulad ng ginagawa ni Lorenzo. We played for the fourth time; it was no surprise that Lorenzo won. Again.

This time, I chose dare instead of truth. I won't be taking any chances to be on a hot seat again.

"Hmmm...isip ka ng endearment natin."

Muntik na akong masamid sa sariling laway sa narinig, "E..endearment? You mean like baby, love, bal, honey, sugar pie?"

He nodded, obviously getting ashamed of the idea.

"Clingy ka pala..." I muttered to myself while reaching for one of the foods we bought earlier. It's not that I don't like clingy boys; it's just that it's rare to find one.

"Hoy, hindi ako clingy. Nagsu-suggest lang ako dahil baka nasa listahan mo yun. Ayaw ko'ng matalo noh." Pagpapaliwanag niya habang nakuha rin ng pagkain sa bukas na junk food.

I stifled my laughter. I really find him cute when he's denying something.

"Okay, okay." I nodded while chewing a portion of food. "Let me think for a sec."

Endearment...

Ano ba ang mga usong endearment ngayon ng magjowa? Baby? Honey? Lab? Mahal? Honeybunch? Sugarplum? Pumpy-umpy-umpkin...

"Tagal mo namang mag-isip." Reklamo ni Lorenzo habang nagbubukas na naman ng bagong pagkain.

"Shh...quiet ka lang. Nag-iisip ako ng unique. Ayaw ko ng 'baby' or 'love'. Masyadong corny. Gusto ko yung kakaiba..."

I was thinking so hard when I remembered something. A name he called me earlier, right after the finals.

"Ano nga ulit yung tinawag mo sa akin kanina? It goes something like 'tuko' eh..."