Baby Shopping

Peso napped for a little while, allowing Barnacles to contact Buster. Buster was a cat with blue fur, and an amazing memory.

"Peso is the medic, right? The little penguin who looks six but is actually fifteen?" Barnacles blinked in surprise. "Yes, but...how did you know?" Buster shrugged. "You sent me a picture, remember?"

"Buster, your memory never ceases to amaze me. Since we're in the area, we'll be there in a bit, after he wakes up. Can you see if you have anything in his size?"

"Size two/14. Got it." Buster hung up and got to work.

Barnacles left his room to go check on Peso. The younger Octonaut was still sound asleep, bundled up in the blankets. A white, fluffy teddy bear, old and worn from many years of hugs and love, lay next to him, blue button eyes keeping watch of the room. Barnacles smiled, and stroked Peso's cheek. Peso sat up, and rubbed his eyes sleepily, his tiny, chubby body looking especially small in bed. "What's going on?" he mumbled, his voice slurred. Barnacles just chuckled, and pulled back the covers, instinctively checking Peso's diaper. "Couldn't keep the bed dry, could you?" he teased. Peso looked away, but the captain just patted his head, and told him to get washed up. They could buy him some baby sheets at Buster's.

While Peso cleaned himself up, Barnacles went around his room, taking note of everything they'd need. Pajamas, pacifiers, some playthings, a blanket...Peso didn't have much, probably to lessen the risk of being found out.

Peso waddled back in, having trouble with the buttons on his cold suit. "Are we going somewhere, captain?" Barnacles nodded. "We're going shopping. There are a lot of things you need that you don't have." Peso blinked. "But...I got all this online." The bear knelt down and patted his head. "I have a friend who owns a store for Littles. Don't worry, this'll be fun." He took Peso's flipper, and lead him the the Gup A.

A short drive later, they parked by some nearby land, and took a short walk to a store called 'Baby Shower.' A mother was pushing her child out in a buggy. The little cub flapped her fist at them, and tried to say 'bird.' Walking past them, Barnacles led Peso the the counter. where a blue cat was typing away on the computer. Without looking up, he muttered, "Hang on, B-Bear, just a sec..." after a moment, he leaned over the desk, and smiled at Peso. "This the little guy?"

"Peso, this is Buster, an old college friend of mine. He studied Littles." Peso waved shyly. Buster turned his attention to Barnacles. "We might have some toddler clothes that fit him." They shared a smile. Peso pouted. He knew when he was being called short.

Buster lead them to the other side of the store, and through a set of double doors with a sign that said 'must have employee present to enter.' When they went through, Peso's eyes widened. It was just like the other store, but everything was huge. One shelf was housing clothes, another was nothing but a wall of diapers.

Barnacles nudged Peso in the direction of the diapers. "Pick out a print." Peso waddled over, deciding to just do what the captain said. He wasn't sure how to act in a place like this. After looking at them for a moment, he picked out a Huggies brand diaper with ocean print. Barnacles chuckled lightly, feeling proud of Peso for his decision. He turned to Buster and they whispered for a moment, before Barnacles went over to Peso. Kneeling down in front of him, he instructed the penguin to go with Buster for a moment. Peso nodded, took Buster's paw, and followed him into another room. This room was called the changing room. Buster brought Peso into a cubicle, and patted a platform. "Hop up, little buddy." Peso tipped his head, wondering what that was for. Realizing Peso was too small to do that, Buster scooped him up, and laid him down on the soft padding on the platform, buckling him in with a strap on his waist. "Stay put, I'll be back." Buster left for a moment, and came back with a thick, soft diaper in his paw. As if it were something he did everyday, he opened a drawer under the platform, and pulled out some baby powder. Peso blinked. "What are you doing?"