Chick-napped!

Peso wasn't always in Little Space. When he had a patient, or a job to do, he'd slip right out and do it without complaint. However, this new side of Peso opened some new regulations; certain things were put into place to keep Peso safe. Ever since figuring out his Little Side, Peso had been more open with them, and more childish in and out of Little Space.

there was a baby gate on the stairs, non-toxic soaps in the bathroom, and still, it wasn't enough.

"I knew it was a bad idea!" Kwazii cried, swimming in rapid, frightened circles around the Gup E. The windshield was cracked, and Peso's collar, ripped from his neck, hung on one of the shards. Barnacles floated in place, deep in thought. Whoever did this had to be a land animal; no one with fins could pick up a rock and heave it with such force. That glass was supposed to be the strongest around.

He swam wordlessly to the surface, the others in tow. On the sandy coast of Colorado, penguin footprints embedded the sand, too large to be Peso's.

"What's a penguin doing in Colorado?" Kwazii wondered aloud. Barnacles shrugged, hopping right out of the water and following the trail. It went on for a while, before coming to an abrupt stop at the road. "Darn it!" Dashi cried out in fear. "Now what?" Tweak knelt down by the sidewalk, and ran her paw along the concrete. Growing up in the swamps had taught her a thing or two about tracking. Sure enough, sand gravels caught her paw. "This way. He left footprints." Tweak took the lead, kneeling down every once in a while when the foot prints were too faint to see. They came to another stop in a nice neighborhood, but continued through a muddy garden.

Barnacles walked up the steps of the house, and knocked. This was the only lead they had, but he hated to think that whoever lived in such a peaceful place would kidnap a helpless chick.

A female penguin opened the door, just a slight, and peeked out. She had long hair that went down to her waist, and was dyed blond. Barnacles noticed she was dressed more like a teenager, and less like a grown woman. Ignoring that, he put his paws together lightly, in hopes of seeming less intimidating, and asked if she has seen Peso.

"How do you know my stepson?" The Octonauts shared a glance. "You're his stepmother?" Dashi inquired. "Brenna Parker?" The woman nodded. "Yes. I assume you're friends of his to know that." Barnacles nodded quickly. "Yes, have you seen him?" Brenna shook her head. "No. His mother won't let him visit. She doesn't trust me. Frankly, I think he's and absolute angel, but his father-!" Barnacles cut her off. "He's missing." He went on to describe the damage to the Gup, and the footprints that led them there. Brenna's eyes narrowed, and she called over her shoulder. "KONI!"

"WHAT?!"

"GET OUT HERE!" A male penguin with dark green glasses, a dark green sweater, and a newspaper wrapped under his flipper walked up to the doorway. He was easily three times the size of his ex-wife in height, and his eyes were half-lidded. He didn't look all that impressed to see them. "We don't give money, we don't like charities, and we don't want raffle tickets." He stated clearly, moving to close the door. "Koni," Brenna scolded. "You're son has been kidnapped!"

"Oh? Which son? Kyle or Cody?" As he said that, Peso's stepbrothers came barrelling out the door, shooting spitballs. "Boys! Knock it off!" Brenna placed a flipped on Barnacles' shoulder. "I'm so sorry. The police are two blocks down, and seven blocks over. I need to talk some sense into my husband." She gave them a bus fee, and herded her sons back into the house. The Octonauts walked in silence for a moment, before Tweak spoke. "I do not like that man." Barnacles nodded. He knew Koni was bad, but he didn't expect him to be that bad.

They ended up going home empty-pawed. The police had searched Koni's house and questioned the family, but could find no more leads. Barnacles turned over in his bed. He couldn't sleep. He knew Koni had something to do with this.