Daddy's Little Princess

It was one thing that Peso was a Little. It was another that he liked girl things.

Granted, they knew a girl could act like a boy. So, they saw no reason why a boy couldn't act like a girl. It was the type of girl Peso acted like.

Dashi wandered into the nursery, and giggled at what she saw. Peso was playing with some soft, adorable dolls, brushing their hair, and changing their clothes. She smiled, and strolled up to him. "Hi, sweetie." She cooed. Peso giggled up at her, and wriggled around, to young to get very far on his own. "Dee-Dee!"

Dashi smiled. "That's right! And Dee-Dee's got something for you." She knelt down, and revealed a pink princess dress with anti-thermals. Peso giggled and bounced up and down. Dashi helped him into it, and smiled at how cute he was. It fanned out at his hips, and sported long sleeves with lace. He toddled forward, and gave her a hug. "Fank you, Dee-Dee."

Dashi smiled, and sat down behind him, brushing his feathers. She remembered doing this with her baby sister when she was very little, before she decided she'd rather be a detective than a princess. Peso's feathers were curly and soft, and so fluffy. Dashi carefully brushed them, and they tumbled past his shoulders by an inch or two. She then rested a tiara on his head, and smiled at him. "Look at you! The Princes of Pampers." She teased. Peso giggled, and nestled into her lap. Dashi smiled at him. "It doesn't matter to us if you're a boy or a girl. You're always going to be our little princess."

Shellington wandered into the nursery two days later, a bottle in one paw. It was nap time for Peso, and the warm milk would surely put him to sleep. The otter entered the room, and froze. Peso was standing on his bed in a blue mermaid/princess dress, and waving a cute little wand. "Why can't you go?" He asked in his 'princess' voice. Kwazii, who was playing with him, stood in front of him with a jester hat. "But the dragon!" He cried in a silly voice. "He doesn't like me! He has big teeth, and sharp claws, and-!" Kwazii stopped when he heard muffled laughing. He whirled around to face Shellington. "Alright, let's see you do better!"

The seas otter, held onto the door frame, and quickly pulled himself together. "I'm sorry," he spoke breathlessly. "I wasn't expecting this."

"I was just playing with him!"

Shellington nodded patiently. "I know, but it's nap time now." Peso looked disappointed. Kwazii stayed to help Peso out of his dress and into his pajamas. Shellington fed the little penguin his milk, and, in no time at all, Peso was fast asleep. As they left, Shellington turned to Kwazii. "You know, I think you make a better jester than you do pirate."

"Aw, hush."

Barnacles glanced up from his book. He never minded having to stay with Peso while the others were gone. He loved Peso so much. And, it was honestly quite amusing to see him prancing around in his princess dresses.

Peso giggled, and played with his dolls, getting up and toddling over to Barnacles. "Wiww you pway wif me?" Barnacles smiled, and put his book down. Peso was easy enough to keep up with.

They sat and played dolls for a while. It didn't take long for Peso to spring into a wonderful game of make-believe. Barnacles, armed with a plush dragon, hid in random places, letting Peso find him, and jumping out at him, making sure not to scare him too much. Peso would always squeal and scamper off laughing.

Peso giggled, jumping up onto his bed, allowing Barnacles to scoop him up. "I got you!" Peso screamed, and squirmed about as the bear tickled him. They were both laughing. Barnacles loved playing with Peso. And Peso loved to play.

Dashi found them a little while later, sleeping together, tuckered out from the fun. She giggled, snapped a picture of the sweet scene, and tucked a blanket over them.

The Octonauts gathered in the HQ. It was silent and peaceful, and everyone was doing something. Dashi typed away on the computer, while Shellington and the professor read their books. Even Kwazii was reading. Peso was supposed to be napping in his room, but he toddled into the HQ anyway, just wanting to be with them. He wore a pink sleeper with a little skirt attached, and the words 'Princess of Innocence' on it in white. No one really minded that. Peso would often play quietly where they could see him, and then fall asleep, tuckered out from the fun.  Kwazii got up, and set a blanket down for him, and Peso sat obediently, playing with his dolls. They couldn't help watching for a moment. Peso was just so sweet. he tried his very best to be graceful and calm, only to get everyone laughing. They couldn't help it. It was hilarious to see him try to be graceful with a diaper around his waist.

They watched Peso play with his dolls, and wondered: was this the little part of him that led his father to such hatred? Had Koni been so upset just because his son liked little girl things?

Before they could ponder this further, Peso put his dolls down, and toddled to the captain. Barnacles picked him up instinctively, and cuddled him close. Peso giggled adorably, and nestled against him. "I love you, Daddy." There was a moment of silence. Barnacles froze. There it was again: Daddy.

Before he could think about this further, Dashi snapped a picture. "Aww! He called you Daddy!" Kwazii chuckled. "I'm not surprised. You're the one who takes care of him the most." Barnacles had to agree with him. Sometimes, that wasn't even his fault. Peso just happened to like him best.

After a few more minutes of cooing and praising, Barnacles carried Peso to his nursery, and sat down in the rocking chair. Peso was fast asleep, but Barnacles lent froward, and whispered in his ear. "On my honor as and Octonaut, I promise, I'll take good care of you. I'll never let anyone hurt you again. I'll be more of a father than Koni ever was. I love you, my little snowflake." Peso giggled in his sleep, and turned over, nestling further against his chest. Barnacles rocked him back and forth gently. "My beautiful little princess...I'm so proud of you."