The Playtime Treatment

Barnacles laid Peso down in his crib. Peso lay there, on his soft belly, slumbering without a care. He looked like a little angel. His eyes were firmly shut. Barnacles wondered what he was dreaming.

He reached down, and stroked Peso's back. Soft toys littered the crib, so Peso had something to cuddle when he woke up.

The captain thought about how things were going so far with Peso as a Little. It wasn't enough to just take care of him. There was something else they needed to do...

Peso woke up about an hour later, and glanced around. He was back in his crib, with his bunny and teddy beside him. He face-planted into the soft tummy of his toy, and giggled, rolling around in his soft crib. Barnacles entered the room, and smiled at him. "Well, look at you," He cooed. "Having fun?" Peso giggled again, and looked up at him, still laying on his belly. Barnacles gently lifted him out of the crib, and held him close. Peso listened to his heartbeat, closing his eyes.

"Time for a change." The captain's voice was so soft, and so gentle, as if he were afraid he'd frighten the younger one. Peso was laid on the changing table, and he stared up at the cute mobile Tweak had added to it to keep him occupied so he wouldn't squirm. It was baby-themed, with a little plastic bottle, a pacifier, a rattle. Peso batted at it, letting the bear change him. Barnacles wiped him down thoroughly, and sprinkled powder onto his lower half. Peso giggled, and sneezed adorably as strawberry-scented powder ended up in his nose. Barnacles chuckled a little, lifted Peso's bottom, and rested it on a new diaper. It was folded over him, and secured. "There. All better." Peso was lifted out, and dressed in his cute, pink and white, frilly dress, with a lavender bonnet to match.

The bear carried him into the den, and sat down in the playpen with him. Peso cocked an eyebrow. Usually he would sit on the couch and read, never too far away.

Barnacles smiled at him, sat Peso on his lap, and picked up a stuffed whale. "Look, Peso. Where's the whale?" Peso giggled, and clapped his flippers. Barnacles guided him into a game of make-believe. Peso gave names to all the stuffed animals, and Barnacles kept up with the games Peso came up with. The little penguin was soon running about the playpen, with a 'monster' on his heels. The monster was actually a toy octopus, but Barnacles didn't mind waving it around, and making it chase Peso.

"Gotcha!" He exclaimed, tickling Peso all over. Peso laughed with glee, and rolled about, not making any real move to resist. Barnacles lifted him up, and bounced him. "Had fun?" Peso nodded, snuggling into him. Barnacles smiled.  As a father, it was his job to play with Peso and get to know him.

They rolled a ball back and forth for a while, and Peso giggled with childish wonder every time he caught the ball, and sent it rolling back. Dashi wandered in, and smiled. "Awwww. You're so cute together." She snapped a picture. Peso crawled up to the stuffed animals, and plopped down on his diapered rear end, giggling. Barnacles smiled fondly, and sat next to him. Soon, they were playing dolls together, as if it were an everyday thing. Peso was so excited.

That afternoon, Kwazii sat down with Peso, and read him a story. Peso loved fairy tales. He especially loved the ones with princesses in them. After reading 'Little Red Riding Hood,' Kwazii held up his paws, and growled playfully. "Watch out! I'm the big bad wolf!" Peso giggled, and scampered away with his toy, a monkey he called Coco.

Hiding behind a corner, Peso watched as Kwazii searched for him, calling out teasing threats. He held Coco tight, and whispered an escape plan into his ear. Once Kwazii passed, they crawled back into the room, and under a side table. Unfortunately, the sound of his think diaper crinkling gave him away. The next thing he knew, he was flipped onto his back, and squealing with ticklish laughter. It hadn't taken Kwazii long to find his tickle spot: right smack in the middle of his belly.

Once Peso had  enough, Kwazii released him, and set him on the couch. They knew Peso was still sad about the diapers, so they figured some playtime would cheer him up. Sure enough, Peso went to sleep with a smile on his face, peacefully snuggling Coco.

Barnacles strolled in, and smiled at the scene. Peso was such a sweet baby, playful and innocent.

When Peso woke up, he felt much better. He played with his dolls, and sank further into Little space. When Dashi walked by, applying lip gloss, Peso wondered what it was, and why girls put it on their faces. He wandered into her room, and found some more of the stuff on her vanity. He reached up curiously, and tried to pull some down, right as Dashi came in. "Peso!"

Startled, Peso fell on his bottom, spilling the container of blush. He thought Dashi would be mad, and he braced himself, knowing he'd get hit. But instead, Dashi laughed, and snapped pictures. "Oh, look at you! You're covered in blush. You're pink!" Peso looked at her with wide, innocent eyes. "I sorry."

"It's okay, honey. I know you were curious." She picked him up. "Let's get you washed up, and then I'll clean this up."

"Me help."

Dashi gave Peso a bath, and Peso helped her clean up the spill. Later the Octonauts were laughing at the picture of Peso's antics.  Barnacles nuzzled him lovingly. Peso was so curious.