Chapter Seventeen

Lala's POV

I just wanted to talk... that's all but things don't work out the way you want them to.

"Yui!" I called out. She turned to me with dead eyes. "I want to talk," she raised her hand and shot a black ball at me. I barely jumped out the way in time. "Yui, please!" I begged.
"Die, you need to die! You're useless! Why are you even a member! I hate you! I hate you! I hate you!" She mumbled in a monotone voice. My eyes widened at the state she was in. She seemed insane....
"Yui!" I yelled as I ran. I ran and jumped with my arms out stretched. I tackled Yui to the floor in a hug and refused to let go. "Why! Why can't we go back to being friends! Why did you have to become our enemy, the only thing I've ever wanted is to laugh with you and have fun with you! Why can't you see that?"
"Shut up! Shut up shut up shut up!" She screamed. I gripped on tighter as she struggled to break free. Yui's eyes began to turn black as though ink was spreading through them. "Go away!" She screamed at the top of her lungs. A black aura surrounded us and I cried out it pain.
"Lala!" I heard familiar voices yell.
"I was too late!" I heard Falulu cried out in despair. I can't breathe. I'm being drained by this weird darkness. I'm being swallowed. No.

I'm not being swallowed. Yui is.

"What's happening?" Yui mumbled. "What is this... oh... I see I'm being dragged down to hell," she began to laugh. It was a chilling laugh. "And it looks like your being dragged down with me," she taunted.
"So what! I'll follow you to hell if I can save you!" I exclaimed. Not once did my grip loosen. I gasped for breath. How much longer can I keep this up. My power... I need to use it, but I don't have any energy. It's too hard to concentrate.
"Why go this far? Don't you see I don't need you to save me!" She screamed. "Besides who are you saving me from?"
"Yourself, deep down you don't want this, your tearing yourself apart, you have to stop," I felt us being sucked in further. I need to do something anything. I need to save Yui. I need to-

I coughed up blood. I shakily looked down. My heart was pierced. Yui had crushed my heart. She with drew her hand and licked the fresh blood. A manic laugh came from her.

"You dead! Your dead!" She sang. "No don't die, die, don't die, die," her face morphed from one of concern to an insane grin.

Is she having a mental breakdown?

I'm sorry I couldn't save you, Yui.

I love you, Shougo.

I love all my friends, I'm sorry for leaving you. I'll watch over you always.

My consciousness faded and I fell into the darkness.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

"Mama,"