four | scallops and pizza |

Siddharth stood there a flabbergasted, staring at Pari's face trying to comprehend what she had just said. He was looking at her like she didn't belong to this planet, scrutinising everything little about her. Seeing him gaze at her made Pari's breath hitch, his chiselled face and muscular body made her feel weak on her knees and her body responded in a way that it had never before. Pari tried very hard to catch her breath, shifting nervously on her feet waiting of him to take the chocolate box from her still extended hand. Unable to wait any further and wanting to leave as soon as possible Pari finally extended them further, which seemed to break Siddharth away from his trance as he finally took them.

"Thank you." Siddharth mumbled examining the box of chocolates that Pari had given him clearly not very impressed at having received chocolates.

"No problem, enjoy eating them." Pari said, having nothing else to say but immediately feeling like facepalming herself for having sounded so silly. Wanting to save herself from further embarrassment, Pari quickly turned around on her heels to escape the uncomfortable situation.

"Hey, wait." Siddharth called out making Pari turn around to come face to face with him, his deep caramel eyes looking intently into hers.

"I am Siddharth". he said extending him arm.

"Oh, nice to meet you" Pari said, taking his arm and shaking them. The warmth from Siddharth hand seeped into hers and it felt like Pari never wanted to let them go. His hands were strong and as his slightly calloused fingers brush against Pari's, she could feel the world around her spinning.

This mysterious man was indeed something to have this kind of effect on me. Pari though to herself as she pulled back after one firm shake.

Having nothing more to talk about Pari simply waited for him to say something but that never happened. An awkward silence loomed in the air as they stared at each other. Not that Pari minded because looking at him wasn't that bad either. Pari fumbled but then decided to finally break the silence.

"How long have you been living here." Pari asked Siddharth smiling meekly at him hoping this would keep the conversation going on for some time longer.

"Six years now." He said reminiscing his stay in the apartment. " Not a bad place to live I suppose, and you get to see the whole city dressed up in lights at night right from the balcony." Siddharth said smiling back at Pari.

Damn, that smile could light up the entire room.

"Have you gotten a chance to get familiar with the city?" Siddharth enquired.

" Not yet, I have actually spent my entire day buying and arranging furniture." Pari said pouting disappointed that all she did was work all day long. "But hopefully I'll get a chance in the next few days"

He nodded understanding her predicament and once again Pari found herself at a loss of words. No matter how much she tried, the conversation seemed to end every time and she knew it was futile trying to slog something that was clearly not happening. Pari was disappointed that she nearly struck up a connection with the people she met before but not with the one who was her immediate neighbour. Pari was about to take her leave and head back to her apartment when she heard Siddharth clear his throat.

"Why don't you join me for dinner tomorrow night?" He said rubbing the back of his neck debating if he did the right thing asking Pari for dinner. He definitely couldn't let himself invite random girls for dinner.

"Shouldn't I be the one who should be throwing a house warming party and not the other way round?" Pari asked furrowing her brows and then playing with them as she beamed at him.