six | hues |

The next two weeks after the dinner flew by very fast and Pari occupied herself with settling down in this new place which she didn't know how long she had to stay for. Pari had gotten down with decorating her apartment just the way she had envisioned and it was turning out to be perfect, almost reminding her of home back in England. After the dinner, Siddharth and she hadn't spent any time together, not that she expected too because obviously why should she? But they did bump into each other once in a while in hallway or the lobby downstairs which would lead to them exchanging greetings or a meek smile if any, because he would be busy over the phone. Things were going well and Pari had nothing to complain about. Mumbai too hadn't turned out to be as bad as she had expected.

Within this two weeks she have also had a meeting with Karan Johar, the director and producer that Daniel had told her about, Daniel had said that he had set Pari up with a famous personality but Pari had no idea that it was Karan, who doesn't know Karan Johar in this world, he was fucking famous. Pari really seemed to like the person, even though she had expected him to be stuck up like most of the rich and famous celebrities but fortunately he was anything but that, he was welcoming and warm. And she should also add that he was a stylish diva, rocking himself in neon from top to bottom. His fashion was inspirational for any queer man in conservative society like that of India. He was bold and couldn't care less of his surrounding, something Pari definitely needed to learn. Pari had taken an Instant liking for him, which she felt was reciprocated from his end as well. He was friendly and offered to help Pari whenever she needed. But unfortunately, he didn't have any new project then but hoped that there would soon be one in a month or so as he was working on the procurement of a script, and to Pari's surprise he asked her to join him as an assistant director on his new project, to which she happily agreed.

Pari was done settling down and all that was left was painting her apartment, she could have hired painters which would have made the work much easier but she decided against it as she wanted to do it on her own but finishing the entire apartment by herself seemed totally impossible and Pari had nearly given up at the though and debated whether it was finally time to make some calls to the painters or not, because it had been three days since she had started painting the living room and now even half of it wasn't done let alone the other rooms.

Bored and unable to paint anymore for the day because Pari's arms had already given up, she was chilling on her couch, music blasting from the speakers as her heavily shuffled up playlist played, Pari was contemplating calling a painter when she heard her doorbell ring.

Who could it be at this time of the day?

Opening the door, Pari found Siddharth on the other side, waiting impatiently for her to door the door, his eyes lighting up and a huge grin appearing on his face as soon as he sees the door opening. Pari was quite taken aback to be greeted by his grinning face in the middle of the day when they hadn't even been hanging out recently.

"Hey, What's up?" Pari asked breaking herself away from her thoughts.

"I just completed my shoot for my upcoming movie two days ago and was bored out of my mind staying at home." Siddharth said rubbing the back of his neck while Pari nodded at him in understanding. "All my friends are occupied so I just came over to see if you wanted to go hang out or head out somewhere maybe?" Siddharth said now looking at Pari with pleading eyes to rescue him for his monotonous boring day, when she decided to mess with him.

"I wasn't you first choice then?" Pari said teasingly, throwing her hands up in the air feigning to be hurt by his words.

Pari could see that she had put him in an awkward position as he was shifting nervously on his feel, looking down at the floor, trying to find the right words while rubbing the back of his neck, trying to think of something as soon as he could but failing miserably to come up with something that would make the situation better. Finally, Siddharth was probably going to say something when Pari decided to cut him off.