nineteen | plans |

It was a few days after the wedding, Harpreet, Louise, the newly married couple and Pari were going out to have a brunch at one of the cafés near their house. Pari was already running late, having gotten up really late, again.

I swear my alarm has no effect on me.

She was really exhausted from the earlier nights, working so hard during the wedding, dark circles around her eyes giving her a zombie like look so she applied some concealer under my eyes and with some light makeup left. She had paired her outfit for the day with some junk jewellery looking as stunning as she already did.

She was in the hallway locking the door to her apartment when she saw Siddharth's apartment across the hall, sitting still, with no sounds from inside with no sound of life coming from inside them. She knew that Siddharth was probably in or that he might still have been sleeping but worried about him she decided to check on him.

"Hey." He said opening the door revealing his dishevelled self.

"What are you doing?" Pari asked tapping her foot on the ground trying to hurry up.

"Band practice." He said sarcastically. Then laughing out at him own sarcasm.

"I give you ten minutes to get ready and join me for brunch."

"Can't do." He says flatly.

I definitely didn't see that coming.

"Why?" Pari asks perplexed, growing a little impatient.

"Short notice." He says as he smirks at her.

Pari rolled her eyes at Siddharth the placing both her palms on his chest, pushing him inside, asking him to get ready as soon as possible while she waited in the living room. She looked around the room taking its atmosphere but it seemed to be missing. The room looked different to her from the time she had last been here, it was messy and looked like it hadn't been cleaned for some time.

His house help must still be on a leave or maybe he had asked her not to come.

"How do I look? Irresistible?" He asked Pari emerging from the bedroom in a casual shirt and a pair of jeans only to face retaliation from Pari as she rolled her eyes at him ignoring him completely and walking out of the door, waiting for him to follow.

"Sounds good, will be some eventful nights for some people sitting here" She said eyeing the newly married couple and then two her other two friends, keeping a serious face trying to stifle a laughter.

The hinted coupled exchanged a look between themselves, shying away when she spoke up again. "So where have you decided on going."

"We were thinking of somewhere far like Shimla, but I don't think with the holiday season soon approaching any rooms will be available. " harsh said.

"I can arrange that for you." Siddharth spoke. "My friend has a bungalow in Shimla, he would be happy to let us stay for a while."

"But that's going to take us like two days to reach." Pari objected doubting that their plan would work out.

"Yeah and we can make a stop at Ajmer, stay there for the night and also we can take turns driving. Every one of us know to drive." Soni Di now spoke us excited about the trip.

Pari was reluctant at first still doubting it was safe to be travelling so far in a car but later agreed and it was decided that they would be leaving the very next day, early in the morning, taking two cars.

"Why don't you come with us Siddharth?" Harsh asked Siddharth and he immediately looked like a deer caught in the headlight.

"Yeah, that's a great idea, then even Pari can have some to..." Louise chimed in drifting off without completing her sentence, winking at Pari and Siddharth and hinting at what everybody sitting at that table knew very well followed by hooting from Soni and Harpreet.