thirty one | chasing dreams |

*Siddharth's POV*

I stood against the kitchen counter staring intently at Harpreet. He had flown down to Mumbai after I called him telling him I needed to talk, he had himself volunteered to come and meet me and I had agreed. I had just finished telling him about whatever information I had gotten from Maddy.

He was looking down at the floor, his expression unreadable. He slowly lifted his head, gripping on to his cup of coffee firmer than he had before and said. "I know."

I looked at him surprised and he knew it was now his turn to speak up, to tell me everything that he had known for so long but waited to tell me. "Pari had told us these after two years of our friendship. Her past had always haunted her and she had taken her time with us as well to tell us all that she had been through." Harpreet said running his hand through his hair and straightening himself on the chair before finally speaking up again. "We were in college when many a guys had fallen for her but Pari had never taken a look at them, it was when my best friend Zayn fell in love with her that I finally confronted her, because we were sure Pari kind of liked him too but never had told anybody anything and when Zayn asked her out she turned him down. Initially, I had thought that she might had been a lesbian."

Hearing him thinking Pari might be into girl made me chuckle because I knew from experience that she wasn't.

Oh no, she was anything but a lesbian. I can tell.

Harpreet chuckled to himself at his comment and then with a serious face he continued. "So one day after classes, I and Louise confronted her, because Zayn was a good guy after all and we both wanted to see Pari happy too. And they seemed like they were meant for one another. Anyway, so we confronted her. At first, she broke down crying and after an hour or so she was finally ready to spill the bitter truth about her life. She told us all about her past with Amir and Aditya and how she had vowed to herself to never fall for somebody else and never even let her heart feel anything. And Siddharth, I know for a fact that she likes you, she likes you a lot and that is why she was afraid, afraid to let her guard down and so she left."

I felt happy and sad at the same time hearing whatever Harpreet had said. I was happy that all the signs showed that Pari was in love with me. But on the other end it looks like a tough fight to make her see that she should end up with me.

"What should I do then?" I asked Harpreet after a long awkward silence.

"Win her over. What else?" Harpreet stated as a matter of fact.

I had to think of an idea to win her over, to make her trust me and believe in the love I have for her. I had to make her mine and I would do that.

"Give her sometime though. Don't rush." Harpreet said as if reading my thoughts.

I nodded agreeing to his suggestion.

.

I had woken up a few minutes back, my finger hovered over Pari's contact number and I tried very hard to refrain myself from calling her on her number that I had. This has been going on since the day I found out that she has left me. I just wanted an answer as to why she didn't even think about wishing me a goodbye. I was heartbroken by her actions.

Harpreet had left last night for London and I was alone in my room. He had promised me again and again before leaving that he would her me with Pari. I had prepared my plan already. I had booked my flights for London exactly a month from today's date so Pari could have some time away from me. I too had some ad campaigns that I needed to finish shooting for and some promotions that I needed to attend which would be done by the time I was to go on my quest for love.